CSP 60K, Freedom 15K upcoming

Walmero

Level 2 Member
Have never had either and stuck with an Amazon visa that never gets used. Churn rate is pretty high, is it worth even giving it a shot? Is the whole "apply in branch" thing magical thinking?

kodiak jack

Level 2 Member
Have you opened more than 5 credit cards in the last 24 months? If so, getting the personal version of the Chase Ink is nearly impossible. You could always try the business version in that case, and yes, going in branch is helpful but not magical.

Walmero

Level 2 Member
5 in last 1 month probably. Was looking at CSP as it is so highly touted, but I guess I will have to pass until more favorable waters return to Chase CC sea.

ashishsg

a$]-[u
Have you opened more than 5 credit cards in the last 24 months? If so, getting the personal version of the Chase Ink is nearly impossible. You could always try the business version in that case, and yes, going in branch is helpful but not magical.
My experience is that it makes no difference, decision is made by same people in corporate office. Branch staff make no difference!

DanT

Level 2 Member
I know CSP is pushed by a lot of blogs but IMO it is really overrated at least from an earnings perspective. It's necessary to have if you dont have an INK card so you can take advantage of transferring points to partners such as Hyatt plus then you can do some from cards like Freedom and of course you have the primary rental insurance coverage but you are paying $95/year for that privilege. It used to be better when they gave the 7% annual dividend because you could at least offset or even cover the annual fee. What does it earn? Two points for travel and dining. Big whoop. If you can get the 60K bonus its definitely worth it beyond the first year though not so much assuming you can get your hands on an ink card.

I can't comment on the in branch idea but I can say that I have had a really tough time getting business cards approved the last 2 times. Last time was this summer before the new rules and I really had to haggle and plead my case to get it through and I am not a big churner.

Ted Nguyen

Level 2 Member
I think the CSP offer is for 55K, not 60K. I also don't think that there is a personal version of INK. Both the Ink Cash and Plus are business card. It helps to have a banking relationship with Chase too prior to applying for these cards. If you apply in branch, you may get a pre-qualified offer that can get you instant approval (different algorithm from applying online from what I read).
@DanT that's my strategy too. I just got the CSP and will close it before the AF hit. Gonna apply for the Ink in my next AoR. Hopefully the Chase computer gods smile upon me.