Cruise Noob Questions

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
I tried booking some rooms on royal caribbean's website, but for some reason on the payment page, I only got the Canadian Province List. So my credit card was declined. I then booked via amex.com and booked 3 rooms. Now it looks like one of the rooms I tried to book via RCL.com actually was booked. This all happened in the last 30 mins. Here are my questions:

How easy is it the change the name on the reservation to a friend of mine?
I booked the rooms for 1 adult. Is it easy to add another person to the room?
What if I show up with a young child on the day of the cruise, but she is not booked or listed in the documents? Is there a cheap way to get her on board?

Sorry if these questions sound dumb, but I never cruised before...

stlcole

Level 2 Member
There might be some wiggle room, but as far as I understand:

1) you can add passengers -- at current rates -- to any room if a) there is space in the room, and b) there is space on the cruise,
2) names can be modified within reason -- as in 'Oneill' can be changed to 'O Neill' -- but the number of modifications are restricted and must be done to conform to passport names,
3) passengers can be dropped and new ones added (see #1), but the current fare is the fare applied to each new booking, so if fares have increased, the higher fare applies,
2) all passengers must be checked in with their first and last name on their passport before embarkation, and I believe the cruise wants such check in completed 3-7 days before hand.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
This was a special rate... $130 for a 7 day cruise, but I am trying to get some friends to come too, at the same rate though. Each room holds up to 4 adults, so there is plenty of room.

I am trying to figure out what options we have...

stlcole

Level 2 Member
With cruises, act in haste as long as only a security deposit required. You can always get that back. I cruise RCL, and find they will be helpful with bookings etc., although usually go through a travel agent because that the best way to save some $. It sounds like you have already accomplished that.