Cruel SW email

Burgertm

Level 2 Member
My companion pass expired at the end of last year (wife still has one), so imagine my surprise when I get an email from SW today with the title "Congrats! You earned Companion Pass". I got all excited that maybe they screwed up and I'd miraculously get it for another year, but when I logged into my account, I do not have it (which I shouldn't).

I was really hoping there was some sort of bug and I'd get it for another year (or two). :)

Cmonman76

Level 2 Member
Lol. I got it too. Such a tease. I think everyone who had a CP expiring at the end of 2016 got it.

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
Yeah I got it. I made my husband call in, even though I knew a person doesn't just magically qualify for it. SW rep send email was a screw up.

Better_by_Design

Level 2 Member
They didn't just pick on CP people. I got an email welcoming me back to A-List Preferred.
I didn't get an A-List email, but my wife did get the CP one - caused a whole stir in our household a day after me explaining how the family CP was going to live on a farm...

Then SW flipped on hotel transfers and we're all a happy family again!

Suzie

Level 2 Member
I don't recall how long it takes for the CP to actually kick in once the points land, but I believe it is a couple days.
Thank you. I didn't want to call because I figured they were swamped with weather delays and FLL. Will wait a couple more days.

M L

Yes. me too (CP expired Dec 31) and I knew right away it was a mistake that would be followed by an aplogetic email (which it was, a few hours later). However, Southwest's "niceness" in extending the hotel transfer points eligibility for CP excuses the mistake in my books :)

Stoshm

I received the same message but was thankful they opened CP for renewal with Marriott points transfer. Completed the thransfer yesterday and will watch for points to post.

Burgertm

Level 2 Member
I did the Marriott travel package on Friday night and the points arrived in my account this morning. I haven't received an email about my companion pass, but when I went to the screen that shows the tracker, it showed I had earned it and was able to add my companion online.

Stoshm

Just checked my Marriott and SWA accounts after calling Marriott 2 days ago and points have posted in both accounts.

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
My Marriott travel package points have also posted. They weren't there this morning but lo!, they are there now. I bought the cheaper package 250K Marriott = 7 nights + 100K SW miles.

I am still waiting for some Club Carlson points to transfer to my Southwest account to make up the difference. Does anyone know how long it takes? Points are already gone from my Club Carlson account.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
I did the Marriott travel package on Friday night and the points arrived in my account this morning. I haven't received an email about my companion pass, but when I went to the screen that shows the tracker, it showed I had earned it and was able to add my companion online.
Mine was there today also! Yahoo!