Credit Issuers/Cards that pull Equifax?

Daniel

#hackingtheplane(t)
Hey folks,

Like most people, I have a very skewed distribution of pulls of my credit (12 EX/5 TU/2EQ), and I'm looking to 'even' it out a bit. I've been playing around with the credit pulls database on creditboards.com, but is anyone aware of cards/issuers that reliably pull EQ? Right now, my list is as follows (although there aren't many interesting bonuses):

- USAA
- VX Comenity Visa
- Penfed
- Discover (pulls EQ + TU)
- Orbitz Rewards card (Comenity)
- Huntington Voice CC

Any others? Among those, is anyone aware of any outsized offers? A year ago, I would have loved to go for one of the Penfed cards, but they nuked the living daylights out of the redemptions (I'm actually unfamiliar with how travel redemptions work, so if anyone has a reference, that'd be great as well). I'm swimming in VX miles so I don't need that card. And the USAA card's 5% gas bonus is limited to $3k in purchases.

I doubt I'll get an 'answer' to this, but I figured it's useful for most people anyway since my situation AFAIK isn't unique.

Cheers!

Last edited:

ctbarron

Level 2 Member
Credit pulls vary tremendously by state. For me, Chase, Citi, NFCU, and US Bank pulled EQ. I'm in VA.

Of the cards you listed, Discover has half decent bonuses sometimes. VX used to with Barclays, but no longer.

AndyL

Level 2 Member
Are you trying to reduce your inquiries on exp? Try placing a freeze on your EXP. Citi used to pull exp for me but now they do equifax auto. Boa pulls transunion if I ask. Both would have pulled exp if I didn't have a freeze. I'm based in nyc

Daniel

#hackingtheplane(t)
If I may ask, how were you able to build up so many VX points to be swimming in them?
You may indeed ;)

During the holidays, VX was offering 2pts/$ on Amex GC. Everyone else went for the 2.25% CB on BeFrugal/TCB, but I 'bought' about 20k points through this (at .5cpm). I got 5k from the RocketMiles first booking bonus (which I 'paid' for by forgoing hotels.com rewards nights + portal bonus; outside huge bonuses or an immediate need for points, RocketMiles is never worth it as far as I'm concerned) and the rest through flying.

Why do I want so many points? Domestic flights on VX tend to be above-market where I live (SFO/NYC) (though I'd still come out ahead b/c of how little I paid for the miles), but I can get a RT to HKG or ICN from the west coast for 40k points, which is huge.

Daniel

#hackingtheplane(t)
Are you trying to reduce your inquiries on exp? Try placing a freeze on your EXP. Citi used to pull exp for me but now they do equifax auto. Boa pulls transunion if I ask. Both would have pulled exp if I didn't have a freeze. I'm based in nyc
Basically, yes. I want to save my experian inquiries for the killer deals that come along. What's the procedure for asking BoA to pull TU/have you had any success doing the same with other issuers?

henrygeorge

Level 2 Member
Unfortunately Chase pulls both EX & EQ for me in MD.
I wonder if I can freeze my EX for future ones and have an EQ and maybe TU suffice.

Daniel

#hackingtheplane(t)
An update as far as I can tell (thanks to creditboards creditpulls database):

- US Bank for CA residents will pull either TU or EQ

druiddation

Level 2 Member
In FL, I've had Equifax pulls from Charles Schwab, Chase, Citi, and US Bank. Although Citi usually pulls from Experian for me, and Chase sometimes from both.

AndyL

Level 2 Member
Basically, yes. I want to save my experian inquiries for the killer deals that come along. What's the procedure for asking BoA to pull TU/have you had any success doing the same with other issuers?
Chase/Amex will not pull another bureau for me but BoA will most times if I ask during recon. When you have Exp frozen you likely won't get instant approvals unless applying for Barclays since they pull TU. So I have to call recon for every app and I ask then.

Daniel

#hackingtheplane(t)
Added the Orbitz Rewards Visa card. I know a lot of people hate on it, but I'm actually kind of intriguted, particularly in light of TravelIsFree's discussion of Orbitz's BRG + rewards program.