Costco Travel Vs Sams Club Travel

WalletSlot

The battle of the wholesale clubs is going to a new level with both offering Travel savings.

While there is some vendor overlap, each does offer more choices in one category or another. Sams Club has an option for Vacation Homes. Is this competition for Airbnb?
  • Costco Travel can be found here
    • Car Rental
      • Alamo
      • Avis
      • Budget
      • Enterprise
    • Hotel
      • Best Western
      • Hyatt
    • Cruise
      • Azamara
      • Celebrity
      • Crystal
      • Cunard
      • Disney
      • Holland America
      • Norwegian
      • Princess
      • Regent
      • Royal Caribbean
      • Seabourn
      • Uniworld
      • Viking
  • Sams Club Travel can be found here
    • Car Rental
      • Hertz
      • Sixt
      • Avis
      • Alamo
      • Enterprise
      • Budget
      • Dollar
      • GreenMotion
      • National
    • Hotel
      • No specific affiliations noted. Based upon location, deals vary by chain.
    • Cruise
      • Carnival
      • Royal Caribbean
      • Celebrity
      • Norwegian
      • Holland America
      • Azamara
      • Princess
      • Costa
    • Vacation Homes

WalletSlot

Recently booked a car in Honolulu for 2 days. Sams Club was roughly 50% less than the lowest priced option on Costco Travel, with the lowest priced on each being Alamo. Has anyone else had experience with the two travel providers?

Miles

Level 2 Member
Is the Sam's Travel Club new? I went to my local Sam's a few weeks ago and was told that Sam's had travel offers in the past, but no longer. Thank you for the link!

Today's Deal Mommy lists a new Groupon promotion for Sam's Club membership, $45 per year and receive a $20 GC.

WalletSlot

Is the Sam's Travel Club new? I went to my local Sam's a few weeks ago and was told that Sam's had travel offers in the past, but no longer. Thank you for the link!

Today's Deal Mommy lists a new Groupon promotion for Sam's Club membership, $45 per year and receive a $20 GC.
Yep, Sams Club Travel is new. I received an email about a month ago introducing the program. My guess is that they rolled it out in advance of their new MasterCard with 3% cash back on travel.

We used the Groupon deal last November and have really enjoyed having membership at both Costco and Sams Club. I commented on the Deal Mommy's post today about how we leveraged it for roughly 5% savings on all things Disney too.

What The Heck?

Master Blaster
From my experience i found Costco travel to be much cheaper than Sam's club during the couple of times i tried but it could be a regional phenomenon and it is always better to check all the options before taking a final decision.

WalletSlot

Price Check on July 25 at 14:41 CDT

Rental Period Priced: July 26 @ORD Pickup 9:00 for 24 hours
Costco Travel: Economy Alamo $37.26
Sams Travel: Economy Hertz #36.30

Roughly a dollar difference in price.