COPA "Business Class"

Looking to take the wife and I to South America in Feb-March 2018. The only decent business class fare I could find was with COPA airlines. Comes out to 110K United Miles per person. We would take advantage of the stopover in panama city. Does anybody have any experience with them? Is it worth the 110K per person or should I save my points and just fly economy. Thanks in advance.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
We flew on them using a UA award once in early 2015. This was part of a flight home from Quito to IAD in business with a stop in Panama City. I checked my notes; no discussion of the seats. I did take a couple of pictures of the meals that I noted were very good. Dinner was served on both segments.

I'll note that my experience with international flights is limited (but growing!). So this is from that perspective, but we've flown in some pretty nice J seats at times

From what I remember of the seats, I was a little disappointed when I first saw them. They weren't the lay-flat cube-enclosed seats we had flying down (on AA). However, I remember they reclined nicely and we had plenty of room and were comfortable. For me, I will always prefer these over coach on any international flight. However, we did get our schedules screwed up once and had to take economy to Italy (insteaed of the J seats we had reserved). We survived but I would have preferred even the Copa J seats over what we had.

Hope that helps. That was 2.5 years ago, maybe your plane would be even better? I PM'd you with a link to some images.