Consolidating similar threads + "wiki"

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
This is a great forum that seems to be flourishing with activity. I notice that in some of the forums such as MS there are a number of essentially duplicate threads on the same subject matter, maybe with subtly different inquiries in the OPs' posts.

Can these be consolidated/merged? In a situation like this it would then be useful to have a wiki like in FT where people can easily refer to answers/solutions to commonly asked or basic questions, maybe with a reference link to the contributor's post. I realize this was brought up in the "General discussion" thread. Maybe the wiki can be collapsed/expanded so that it does not occupy the entire top part of the page

Thoughts?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I've been exploring Wikis all day, and I don't like what is on offer from a technology perspective. I do think that central resources could be the solution, but am still trying to decide how to best implement it. I agree it would be great to have a place to direct people to..

Working on it... but don't have a firm answer yet.

If it helps, we are running on the same platform as Milepoint. They have a wiki, but I don't know that it offers what you are looking for.

Anh

Level 2 Member
I've been exploring Wikis all day, and I don't like what is on offer from a technology perspective. I do think that central resources could be the solution, but am still trying to decide how to best implement it. I agree it would be great to have a place to direct people to..

Working on it... but don't have a firm answer yet.

If it helps, we are running on the same platform as Milepoint. They have a wiki, but I don't know that it offers what you are looking for.
Unless the resources can be tagged/categorized, overtime we'll have quite a bit of them and they will become a pain to search through