Congratulations to Matt and his wife on their new baby boy!

fulthrust7

Level 2 Member
Matt, a hearty congratulations. Your blog post today was excellent.

The emotions are running wild. It's hard to know how to "feel". But it's a journey, and while difficult, one that will be remembered from the day your son was born. Enjoy, cherish, and sleep as much as you can. Take lots of short clips of videos (<30 seconds) and photos. It will all come to fruition in the years to come.

Happy early Fathers Day! It's the greatest gift.

This was a quick read a friend sent to me today! It is a great, fun, and inspiring read.
http://thereluctantfather.com/

And if you need gowns and gloves, I have plenty. Would be happy to ship. ;)

SomeRandomGuy

Nerd, Poet, Warrior
Congrats Matt! Enjoy them while they are little, some day your kids will be surly teenagers sitting on the couch glaring at you while you congratulate some other person about their new baby while telling them to enjoy their kids while they are little as one day they will be surly teenagers sitting on the couch and so on.

Malvina

Level 2 Member
Congratulations, Matt!

Every man should plant a tree, build a house and have a son (and open 529 plan;)).

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
So happy for you and Allison. Take some time off; we can manage here without you for a bit! Your life will never be the same. It will be better! BTW, my first was born three days after we moved from A2 to Princeton and we lived to tell the tale! And so did she!

MkMooney

Level 2 Member
Congratulations!
All the best to you and your family :D

A message to my newborn son
by Jeff Jacoby
The Boston Globe
March 27, 1997

My beloved Caleb,

You are only 16 days old, and virtually everything about you is still a mystery. Are you smart? Are you strong? Are you lucky? Already my love for you is more intense than I thought possible -- and yet I know almost as little about you as you know about me.

I have no idea what color your eyes will be, or when you will speak your first word, or which of your parents you will more closely resemble. I don't even know when you'll next need to be nursed.

But I do know what I want you to be when you grow up.

I want you to be good.

Oh, my beautiful little son, I have such hopes for you. I hope you will love words and be quick with numbers and have a knack for science. I hope you will make good grades in school and make good money when you work. I hope you'll be handy with tools like your mother and better at playing piano than your father. I hope you will visit foreign lands, memorize great poems, form fast friendships, read many books. I hope you develop talents others will admire, acquire authority others will respect, and have a winning personality others will love.

But what I care about most is not your success or wealth or popularity. What I care about most is your goodness. Whatever else people may think of you, I want them to know you first and foremost as a decent and ethical person...(more at http://www.jeffjacoby.com/topics/121/letters-to-caleb )

swknutson

Level 2 Member
Congrats Matt, What an awesome present your family received for Fathers day. Take as many pics and videos as you can they grow up so quick.

BoonDR

Level 2 Member
Boys are fun.

Somebody sent me this Mark Twain quote yesterday, I am sure you can relate, and will relate eventually.

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Boys are fun.

Somebody sent me this Mark Twain quote yesterday, I am sure you can relate, and will relate eventually.

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”
Love that quote, I always think I was dumb last year..

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
Kids are cool... don't let them stop you from travelling. It is so easy with 0-13 months old.. once they are mobile and awake is when your troubles start

mrsjon01

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
My kids have been traveling since they were babies and both absolutely love it. It's easy with them because they're so used to it. You will have a blast.

CKaway

Level 2 Member
While congratulations are quite redundant, a new life in this world is quite extraordinary. Bless you and your new arrival.

PedroNY

Level 2 Member
Congratulations! It is an adventure and such a joy. That passport will have a lot of stamps in it!

Cheers,

PedroNY

Ryan U

Level 2 Member
Congrats on your little one. I just had my second son on June 25. He came two weeks early and I made it to the hospital 45 mins before the birth. I came straight to the hospital after I got off a mileage run flight. Thank goodness there wasn't a delay.

mikeef

Level 2 Member
From one parent to another, I send you many congratulations. The first three months, as you know by now, are hell. At exactly the three-month point, it gets easier fast. Nobody can tell you how much work kids are or how much you will love them. You find out both those facts on your own, and the latter more than makes up for the former. Life goes from black and white to color (Please note, for those of you who do not want or have kids, I fully respect your position and am not one of those judgmental parents who will tell you that you are "missing out.").

Funny link for today (Everyone will appreciate this one.): http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/29-candid-reflections-from-a-stay-at-home-dad

For when your kid is in a bed (He's reading the actual book, no ad libbing.):
Youtube: "samuel l jackson go the f to sleep original "

Mike