Citigold 50,000 AA Mile checking bonus

Bury

Level 2 Member
Code above is for AA miles. Full conditions here: https://online.citi.com/JRSAO/ao_online/editAccountSummaryPromoPopup.do?PromoCode=WD3QFS2Y4C

Promotion Disclosures

PROMOTION DISCLOSURE
Promotion Code:

WD3QFS2Y4C

When you opened your new Citibank checking account by 3/31/2016, you provided the special offer code WD3QFS2Y4C to be eligible to receive either: 50,000 AAdvantage®bonus miles after opening a new consumer Regular Checking account in The Citigold® Account Package; OR 15,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after opening a new consumer Regular Checking account in The Citibank® Account Package; OR 5,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after opening a new consumer Regular Checking account in The Basic Banking Package and completing the qualifying activities indicated below. Enrollment in this promotion does not guarantee eligibility. To qualify for this promotion, you must enroll in the promotion, meet the terms and conditions in this offer and perform the required qualifying activities contained in this offer.

The AAdvantage® bonus miles will be credited by Citibank to your AAdvantage® account within 90 calendar days from the date when you completed all offer requirements. Bonus miles credited will be based on the consumer account package at the time of qualification. Below are the terms and conditions that you must meet in order to obtain the benefits of this offer.

Account Package*

Earn AAdvantage®bonus miles of:

After completing the following within 60 days after account opening:

Qualifying Debit Card Purchases of:

AND

Qualifying Bill Payment

Citigold®

$1000

1 or more for 2 consecutive calendar months

Citibank®

$375

Basic Banking

$125

Terms and Conditions:

This offer is available to Citi® / AAdvantage® credit cardmembers who receive this communication. Offers for new consumer checking customers only, 18 years or older. To be eligible for this limited-time offer, you must not currently have a consumer checking account with Citibank. You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on or owner of a Citibank consumer checking account within the last 60 calendar days. However, signers on fiduciary, trust or estate accounts may be eligible. Regular account charges apply. All accounts subject to approval and applicable terms and fees. Limit of one offer per customer and account. Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice, expires 3/31/2016, is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer.

To qualify to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles, open a new Regular Checking account in an eligible consumer account package (The Citigold Account, Citibank Account or Basic Banking Package) by 3/31/2016. Then, within 60 days after account opening: the required minimum amount of purchases using the Citibank® Debit Card must be posted to the new checking account AND 1 qualifying bill payment must be posted to the new checking account each month for two consecutive calendar months.

Qualifying bill payments are those made using Citibank® Online, Citi Mobile® or CitiPhone Banking®. Bills paid by making a transfer between linked accounts and/or transfer payments made to accounts within Citibank or to accounts with Citibank affiliates do not qualify as bill payments for this offer.

Qualifying purchases are those made using the Card to buy goods and services and are net of returns and other adjustments. ATM withdrawals, cash back and bill payments do not qualify as Citibank Debit Card purchases. Net qualifying purchases are determined in Citibank's sole discretion and must post to the new account within 60 days of account opening.

AAdvantage® bonus miles are earned on a per account basis and based upon all debit card purchases by all customers when the new checking account is the primary account linked to a debit card.

Fiduciary, estate, business and certain trust accounts are not eligible.
A monthly service fee of $25 and a $2.50 non-Citibank ATM fee applies to checking account in The Citibank Account package if combined average monthly balance requirements are not maintained.
A monthly service fee of $30 applies to the Citigold Checking account if combined average monthly balance requirements are not maintained.

*For details on consumer account package requirements and fees, see the Citibank Marketplace Addendum or visit www.citi.com/compareaccounts.

At the time the AAdvantage® bonus miles are to be credited to your AAdvantage® account, your Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card account and the new consumer Regular Checking account in an eligible consumer account package must all be open and in good standing.

Terms, conditions and fees for accounts, products, programs and services are subject to change.

American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Unless specified, AAdvantage® miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite-status qualification or AAdvantage Million Miler℠ status. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program visit, aa.com/aadvantage.

American Airlines, AAdvantage, and AAdvantage Million Miler are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.

©2016 Citibank, N.A. Member FDIC. Citi, Citibank, Citigold, Citi with Arc Design, Citi Mobile and CitiPhone Banking are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc.

Bury

Level 2 Member
Terms say you need to have a Citi AAdvantage credit card - does not specify which one.

pstlb

Level 2 Member
So would it be pushing it if I used my newly churned AA Plat Select to fund checking and meet minimum spend at the same time? Eh, maybe I'll pass on that.

kingabraham3

Level 2 Member
Curious if anyone was/will be able to get the bonus a second time. I am planning on waiting until later in the promotion period before giving it a go.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Curious if anyone was/will be able to get the bonus a second time. I am planning on waiting until later in the promotion period before giving it a go.
I inadvertently tried. I didn't think my online application went through, so I also did a phone application. I was able to fund both but was told I was only eligible for one bonus. I waited until after I met requirements, then used SM to confirm requirements had been met for the bonus. I was told, at that time, the second account wasn't eligible. I didn't mind due to the CC funding. :)

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
I
I inadvertently tried. I didn't think my online application went through, so I also did a phone application. I was able to fund both but was told I was only eligible for one bonus. I waited until after I met requirements, then used SM to confirm requirements had been met for the bonus. I was told, at that time, the second account wasn't eligible. I didn't mind due to the CC funding. :)
Is this after you opened the checking acct for the 1st time; closed it later; and reapplying again?

I opened and closed the checking acct 3 months ago. Not sure if I would be eligible again...

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I

Is this after you opened the checking acct for the 1st time; closed it later; and reapplying again?

I opened and closed the checking acct 3 months ago. Not sure if I would be eligible again...
Both accounts were opened within a day or two of each other. From what I read it's 60 days with Citi checking account bonus. People calculate that you can open 2 accounts a year and get the sign up bonus. That's taking into consideration the time factor waiting for points to post and then closing the account.

I haven't looked at the recent requirements but when we applied we needed to have a CC to open the account. I think it was the Exec.

Pat

Silver Member
I am tempted to open one, but does anyone have any experience about 1099 form? I remember that I have read somewhere that Citi will send out form for values greater than $600. I would not mind if they value the points to be around 1 cent/mile, but it would be a big hit if they value the points to be > 1.5 cents/mile.

BTW, should I be qualified if I only have AA Amex card?