CIP losses 3x on Venmo, Simon, GCM

JDub

Yes, sad. Gone for GC.com too. I feel like I had barely gotten started, maybe 20k on my account and just did the first purchase with my Dad's Ink. Still have two Ink Cash cards to use for ODOM and Staples sales but I need to find a new method. Maybe Ebates for 4x MR.

asc8u

Level 2 Member
Yes, sad. Gone for GC.com too. I feel like I had barely gotten started, maybe 20k on my account and just did the first purchase with my Dad's Ink. Still have two Ink Cash cards to use for ODOM and Staples sales but I need to find a new method. Maybe Ebates for 4x MR.
I've been eyeing that Ebates card for the 4x MR points too. But the whole option on Ebates to earn MR points has been kind of
odd - seems like an experiment and I wonder if it's going to last. Also I'm still new to MR points and haven't even made any
redemptions with MR points, so I'm still trying to figure out how valuable they'll be to me.

rhodebeer

I've been eyeing that Ebates card for the 4x MR points too. But the whole option on Ebates to earn MR points has been kind of
odd - seems like an experiment and I wonder if it's going to last. Also I'm still new to MR points and haven't even made any
redemptions with MR points, so I'm still trying to figure out how valuable they'll be to me.
Yeah I've had your train of thought but am also a little worried that the Amex-Ebates partnership will soon just be tweaked soon to crack down on this sort of thing. Especially because of Amex's general cracking down on "cash equivalents". Maybe they'll change the T&C for the card to just bar extra MR on purchases made at GC.com specifically, and since I feel like that will happen on the sooner end as people take advantage of it, I'm on balance inclined against wasting a hard pull on an otherwise uninteresting card.

JDub

I took advantage of the MR 40% transfer bonus to BA in the Fall and recently used those miles on AA for nearly 2 cents each. That was my first redemption using MR but I'm feeling pretty positive based on that experience. Wished they had a hotel option that offered better value though.