Cheapest Way to get Home Depot/Lowes gift cards

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
Getting ready for a home improvement project. Trying to come up with the best way to get Home Improvement store gift cards... Looks like I can buy gift cards at about 8.8% discount from gift card resellers. Chase ink will get me 5x at office supply stores. depending how you value your points 5 ur points is close to 8.8%. Staples is not an option for me as they dont ship to alaska.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Getting ready for a home improvement project. Trying to come up with the best way to get Home Improvement store gift cards... Looks like I can buy gift cards at about 8.8% discount from gift card resellers. Chase ink will get me 5x at office supply stores. depending how you value your points 5 ur points is close to 8.8%. Staples is not an option for me as they dont ship to alaska.
I did this and wrote it up somewhere :)

I did a mix of Raise.com GCs via TopCashBack portal and cards (Lowes etc) via Stop and Shop when on a random 5x Gas Rewards payout from stop and shop.

Had a big problem when they refunded my $200 GCs random amounts... so if you order keep all your cards safe and sound until you take delivery... they sometimes send out 'we are on the way' emails but will still just cancel a major order....

On top of the cards,note you can get 10% off coupons via USPS movers website - Lowes 10% to $5K and HD will match that (can print out just for them) 10% to $500.

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the heads up on tcb and raise looks like that is the greatest discount I have found so far. Raise 7.8% and tcb 2% for 9.8%.. For the USPS movers. Do I have to forward my address in order to get the coupons? Looks like the minimum forwarding time is 14 days. dont really want to have my mail forwarded anywhere.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
Do you have the Smart and Final AMEX offer? If so, it's $50 and you get $25 back up to 3x. They sell Lowes cards.

Terry

Level 2 Member
Safeway stores (including sub-chains like Randall's) usually have 20% off home improvement gcs like Lowes before Father's Day. Use a card with grocery bonus like ole Blue Cash or Amex Premier Gold and combined with your gas points from Safeway is pretty sweet.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Safeway stores (including sub-chains like Randall's) usually have 20% off home improvement gcs like Lowes before Father's Day. Use a card with grocery bonus like ole Blue Cash or Amex Premier Gold and combined with your gas points from Safeway is pretty sweet.
I've found that 5x gas rewards works out at a pretty decent discount too.

Bryan

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the heads up on tcb and raise looks like that is the greatest discount I have found so far. Raise 7.8% and tcb 2% for 9.8%.. For the USPS movers. Do I have to forward my address in order to get the coupons? Looks like the minimum forwarding time is 14 days. dont really want to have my mail forwarded anywhere.
And you can grab another 2% if you pay with Fidelity Amex card. We're laying some new flooring down the house and with the extra steps of buying gift cards and going through TCB plus grabbing a Lowe's 10% coupon we saved about 21% on the $2500 cost. Well worth the time it took in my book.

c2nah777

Yes, it is a goatee.
You can get 10% Lowes movers coupons delivered to your email (takes about a week) by using any address not already used at this link:
Code:
http://www.lowes.com/cd_Coupon+Registration_253641591_
If you select you are moving to an apartment, it makes the form go faster also. You can use a copy at Home Depot (YMMV) or Menard's (YMMV) also.

superdrew

Level 2 Member
If you google around it is relatively easy to auto generate yourself a 10% off coupon or $50 off $250 purchase coupon for online purchases plus you can use a portal for cashback plus you can pay with a discounted gift card

c2nah777

Yes, it is a goatee.
Check craigslist. I bought several cards ($300-$500) at 20-30% discount from contractors.
Sorry- unfamiliar with these GC's
Can you buy this way, and still avoid the seller having access after the fact? Any data is appreciated.
I know I should drive my lazy arse over to HD and Lowes and figure this out myself, but please don't hit me.

Panache

Level 2 Member
Woah, I wish I knew this stuff before... I just spent 1.5k on appliances.
It is worth noting that with GC purchases you forfeit some of the extended warranty benefits that you otherwise get with a regular CC. I just got a new hybrid water heater and instead of doing portal --> GC circles, I instead waited for a good sale (all appliances go on sale in some semi predictable cycle) and then use the mover coupon.

Appliancesconnection.com also had good prices + free freight + small portal (miles/CB) payout.

Shadow

besides coupons and gift cards, you can get a 10% discount if you have a military id. even if you're not part of the military, you may know someone who could go with you to get the discount. a lot of the time they won't allow it, but you can sometimes get a cashier willing to stack it with a moving coupon

Sesq

Level 2 Member
Thread Resurrection!

- - - I have been out of the game a bit. Is discounted gift card resale for home depot dead? Looks like on raise.com and ebay the discounts were essentially nothing (2% - ish). I am better off buying at an office or grocery store for 5% than taking that risk.

I see 8% at top cashback for the portal purchase which is nice - but, single dipping seems so wrong.

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
The best way to get discounted Lowe's/Home Depot discounted gcs is with limited deals that pop up somewhat frequently. Ebay frequently sells them 10% off, Gyft, Staples, Grocery Stores, etc.... DOC posts about most of these. Here is a link that I have that pulls up 10% off Lowes coupons for online use.
Code:
http://mmerson.com/

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
home depot GCs are a little more challenging. the best route is to convert discounted gamestop GCs at gamestop to home depot GCs. You can make gamestop points while you're at it