Chase Ultimate Rewards for SW Flight plus companion ticket

kenshotx2

Level 2 Member
I have a companion pass from SW. Running low of SW points but have a decent amount of UR points.
Does anyone know if I purchase a flight with UR point if I can get my free companion ticket?

thanks

JeffB

Level 2 Member
You can transfer the points into your SW account which should give you the companion ticket.

smittytabb

Staff member
If you have a companion pass, it doesn't matter how you get the ticket, your companion still can be added. You don't have to use any particular credit card or points to purchase it. Not sure why you would transfer them from UR to Hyatt to SW. Why not just transfer them directly?

MilesJunkie

Level 1.66 Member
If you have a companion pass, it doesn't matter how you get the ticket, your companion still can be added. You don't have to use any particular credit card or points to purchase it. Not sure why you would transfer them from UR to Hyatt to SW. Why not just transfer them directly?
Exactly. You'd only do the UR > Hyatt > SW conversion IF you wanted the points to count towards the SW CP. If you already have the CP, then just direct transfer UR > SW so can use them. This way it's much better because you won't lose points compared to the conversion in former method.