Chase/SW Messing up my Plans - In Search of an Old SW CC Link

knick1959

Level 2 Member
I hope you guys are doing at least some domestic travel. We are. I quit planning international trips for now as they kept getting canceled anyway. We'll see, I'm anxious to get back into the swing of things.

I had decided, almost out of boredom and with nothing else miles/points to do, to chase the SW Companion Pass early this year. In late Dec I snagged the 80k biz card and that was completed a couple of weeks ago. I have a timing trick where I wanted to get a "simple" app for a 40k personal card in this week to score the full CP for this year and next. Use will be enough but not maximized. No biggie.

I wanted the higher-priced SW personal card for 40k after 1k spend. That gives me the pass. BUT WAIT! All the SW offers are currently include a partial CP but require 5k in spend! I can do this, but it is quite a waste.

Is anyone privy to link for the original offer - 40k and 1k in spend and no CP??

Thanks in advance.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
I wanted the higher-priced SW personal card for 40k after 1k spend. That gives me the pass. BUT WAIT! All the SW offers are currently include a partial CP but require 5k in spend! I can do this, but it is quite a waste.

Is anyone privy to link for the original offer - 40k and 1k in spend and no CP??
I am still looking for an old link but so far old offers go to an update chase page with this partial-CP-enhanced offer.

I suppose I'm ok with having to do the extra spend. I just wonder if, with having surpassed the 125k old threshold for a CP, if I will get all of next year included. You only get 30k with the new CP-included offers, but 30 + 5k spend + 80 + 7k spend = 122k. How unfortunate that I will have to commit even another 3k to the cause to hit 125k.

Did you know Chase will not take phone applications?

Why not wait until 3/15? Timing is everything. I've whittled my credit history down so I was 2/24. With a new SW biz card I'm 3/24 in Chases' eyes. A hard pull dropped yesterday and makes my case even stronger. However, in a week I close on a newly built home. And I'm keeping the current house! At least for awhile. So I'll have a new mortgage account and add a massive amount to my used credit. Now, a month or so later and the old house should be sold, but I'll be 4/24, still ok, but I'll have also lost ~2 months of the CP and I have flights that could be booked for June.

If I would apply on 3/15, but my credit use ratio would be at an all-time historic high.

I'll struggle through this and make it happen. Oh, yeah, building and moving into a new home is the perfect "chance" to put big, real spend on credit cards. However, I do still have plans for my wife/P2 and we're about out of that spend. She also gains a new account next week. She has a new Ink Unlimited Biz and I'm still scheming for a CSP for her. Poked all the Chase pages under her sign-on for this hoping to score a quick 80k targeted offer on the CSP.

Just like old times! Replying to my own posts and rambling on! I miss the pre-pandemic forums. I really do.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Sorry, I don't know of any alternatives. I checked my referral links too (since sometimes the referral offers are different) and they're all for the standard public offer as well. Might make sense to wait it out a month and see what the new offers are. The 30K offer is a pretty poor offer unless you also make good use of the Promotional Companion Pass - in which case it can be a solid offer

knick1959

Level 2 Member
I suppose I'm ok with having to do the extra spend. I just wonder if, with having surpassed the 125k old threshold for a CP, if I will get all of next year included. You only get 30k with the new CP-included offers, but 30 + 5k spend + 80 + 7k spend = 122k. How unfortunate that I will have to commit even another 3k to the cause to hit 125k.
I answered one question. If I do get the partial CP, I am still eligible to get extended to the full CP via spend. From the terms:

additional tax liability, if imposed, is the responsibility of Companion Pass traveler. If Companion Pass is earned by flying 100 qualifying one-way flights or earning 125,000 qualifying points in the calendar year while qualified for promotional Companion Pass through February 28, 2022, the regular Companion Pass qualifications will supersede the promotional Companion Pass. Visit Southwest.comOpens Overlay® to review the full Companion Pass program rules and