Chase Sapphire Preferred Retention

oopl

Silver Member
Good to know that a retention offer does exist out there for the CSP.
I will try for a retention offer but if none offered probably switch to the regular Sapphire.

Last edited:

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
Called in to # on back of card.
CSP holder x 2 years. AF posted few days ago.
Retention offer = 10k UR for $4k spend in 3 months. asked for more - that was the only offer. took it right away

craig d

Few months ago I had no offer and downgraded to Chase freedom. I don't churn hardcore and usually do an app or two here and there, wife just got the CSP so by the time her fee is coming due I'll just apply and get it again ;)

idearr

Level 2 Member
I tried a few days ago and was put on hold for awhile but rep came back and said he couldn't waive the fee for me or find any offers. Called again today and got a sharper rep who offered all of the downgrade options but then came up with a $60 credit when I pressed. I'm happy to keep the card for net $35 while I figure out whether to transition to the Reserve or just stay put (I'm well above 5/24 and also I have 5 personal Chase cards which I believe I read elsewhere was a limit)

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I tried a few days ago and was put on hold for awhile but rep came back and said he couldn't waive the fee for me or find any offers. Called again today and got a sharper rep who offered all of the downgrade options but then came up with a $60 credit when I pressed. I'm happy to keep the card for net $35 while I figure out whether to transition to the Reserve or just stay put (I'm well above 5/24 and also I have 5 personal Chase cards which I believe I read elsewhere was a limit)
If you're not eligible for the CSR, why not upgrade the CSP to the CSR? That's assuming you can use the $300 travel credit x2, for 2016 and 2017.

idearr

Level 2 Member
If you're not eligible for the CSR, why not upgrade the CSP to the CSR? That's assuming you can use the $300 travel credit x2, for 2016 and 2017.
Here's the thought process - bit of a jumble .....

I'm still hoping I'll go to a Chase branch and find out I'm preapproved. I tried once while on the road (no Chase branches in my area) with no luck - plan to try once more. But yes, I recognize then I'll be getting close to the end of the year which might make it harder for me to use the first $300 travel credit.

Another factor in the back of my head - since the rules are always changing, I don't think it is as safe to get CSR now via product change and assume in 18 months (when I'm past 5/24) I'll be able to get the bonus.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Here's the thought process - bit of a jumble .....

I'm still hoping I'll go to a Chase branch and find out I'm preapproved. I tried once while on the road (no Chase branches in my area) with no luck - plan to try once more. But yes, I recognize then I'll be getting close to the end of the year which might make it harder for me to use the first $300 travel credit.

Another factor in the back of my head - since the rules are always changing, I don't think it is as safe to get CSR now via product change and assume in 18 months (when I'm past 5/24) I'll be able to get the bonus.
I figured it would be a cold day before I got approved, but I'm still holding out hope for my husband. The only thing you can assume is that things WILL change.