Chase Sapphire Preferred, Doing Away With The 7% Yearly Dividend

Mike

Silver Member
Title says it all, come Sunday and the card will no longer include this feature.

projectx

Level 2 Member
"We wanted to make it clear that the CSP is a great option for another sign up bonus while you use the Barclaycard for everyday spend."

Sincerely,
Chase Bank

Last edited:

Alex1432

Level 2 Member
I kind of see why they got rid of it, that 7% is not exactly a great marketing gimmick. You can't say you are earning 1.07% on all purchases because that is not true unless you are a card holder through February. Still the primary car insurance is a nice add on I may get my significant other to apply she hasn't had the card, and I cancelled mine. Its nice to see an addition of a benefit instead of just removal of benefits.

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
My understanding is that current cardgolders will earn the bonus through 2015. New cardholders are out of luck.
This is correct. Made my decision to switch fully to cash back so much easier. That 7% dividend will cost me about 7k points a year, without heavily MS'ing.

augustus23

Level 2 Member
This is correct. Made my decision to switch fully to cash back so much easier. That 7% dividend will cost me about 7k points a year, without heavily MS'ing.
I'm in the same boat. Last year, I earned 8,000 UR points thanks to the 7% dividend. It was a great perk for heavy spenders. Overall, I'm moving more toward cash back (through the Arrival+) instead of the CSP.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

My understanding is that current cardgolders will earn the bonus through 2015. New cardholders are out of luck.
You'll receive your 2015 bonus in 2016 if you qualify at year end.

The disappointing thing with Chase is that they're not budging on the annual fee. Mine just dropped and they completely shut me down when I asked about waiving it.