Chase Ritz Carlton CC - 70,000 Points - No Annual Fee 1st Year

MarkD

Level 2 Member
I thought this was interesting as you have to call in - there is no online form to fill out.

The number: 1-888-846-7004
The code: F53K
  • 70,000-points bonus, and the points work for Marriott, too;
  • Gold Status for the first year and reciprocal elite benefits for Marriott;
  • Low spend: $2,000/3mths;
  • Complimentary airport lounge access for you and the guest;
  • The $300 annual credit for airline incidentals including Global Entree (raised from $200) per calendar year!!!
If you are a Ritz Carlton fan, you also get three guaranteed annual upgrades to the Club Floor room and $100 credit for a two-day stays or more, but only on a paid flexible rate.

http://lazytravelers.net/i-applied-for-chase-ritz-carlton-card-70000-pointsno-annual-fee/

smittytabb

Staff member
I thought this was interesting as you have to call in - there is no online form to fill out.

The number: 1-888-846-7004
The code: F53K
  • 70,000-points bonus, and the points work for Marriott, too;
  • Gold Status for the first year and reciprocal elite benefits for Marriott;
  • Low spend: $2,000/3mths;
  • Complimentary airport lounge access for you and the guest;
  • The $300 annual credit for airline incidentals including Global Entree (raised from $200) per calendar year!!!
If you are a Ritz Carlton fan, you also get three guaranteed annual upgrades to the Club Floor room and $100 credit for a two-day stays or more, but only on a paid flexible rate.

http://lazytravelers.net/i-applied-for-chase-ritz-carlton-card-70000-pointsno-annual-fee/
Wait! There is another better offer. My husband got approved for it yesterday. You also have to call in.

Actually link below is incorrect. You get $300 in annual credit for airline incidentals just like the offer above.

• $395 Annual Fee NOT waived.
  • 140,000 points after $2,000 in spend after 3 months
  • $300 in airline fee credits
  • Gold status, 3 club upgrades annually, etc.
http://www.weflyfree.com/apply-140000-point-ritz-carlton-offer/

Last edited:

smittytabb

Staff member
"better" of course is relative. Depends on how you value the extra 70,000 points vis-a-vis the annual fee.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
"better" of course is relative. Depends on how you value the extra 70,000 points vis-a-vis the annual fee.
If the $300 can be applied per calendar year then you offset the annual fee by using it twice in 2014 and 2015. I'd probably end up using the points for Marriott stays.

smittytabb

Staff member
If the $300 can be applied per calendar year then you offset the annual fee by using it twice in 2014 and 2015. I'd probably end up using the points for Marriott stays.
$300 is yearly but what I am not sure about is if it is calendar year or upon completion of card year. Seems to me like the 140,000 is a sweet deal.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
As a cheapskate myself, I'd argue that I wouldn't buy 70K for $395, the first offer seems decent though. Interesting if it is a calendar year reset - the Amex Plat is and that works well..

smittytabb

Staff member
As a cheapskate myself, I'd argue that I wouldn't buy 70K for $395, the first offer seems decent though. Interesting if it is a calendar year reset - the Amex Plat is and that works well..
Not sure, but suspect it is at yearly anniversary. Since the offer was by phone, they read the T&C's to him and he didn't really listen:)

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Not sure, but suspect it is at yearly anniversary. Since the offer was by phone, they read the T&C's to him and he didn't really listen:)
According to Andy at LazyTravelers, the first offer for 70K gets a $300 reimbursement during the CALENDAR year so you can theoretically use it twice before your one year card anniversary is up. I don't see why it would be different for the 140K offer but YMMV.

I was hoping to hold off on getting more Chase cards so I'm on the fence about this one.

smittytabb

Staff member
According to Andy at LazyTravelers, the first offer for 70K gets a $300 reimbursement during the CALENDAR year so you can theoretically use it twice before your one year card anniversary is up. I don't see why it would be different for the 140K offer but YMMV.

I was hoping to hold off on getting more Chase cards so I'm on the fence about this one.
I was looking at the T & C's and it was hard to tell for sure. If it is like the AMEX Plat, that is nice. Agree that I doubt it would be different. Quite a few different offers out there right now for that card. One is for one night, one for 70K and one for 140K. Chase really does tend to have a lot of variety in their offerings. It is important to take stock of which works best for you.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Nothing fancy, just cancel within 60 days or call to have it waived.
I've heard of people cancelling the card and refunding the annual fee after getting the bonus with the 100K Citi Executive AAdvantage - that's why they were able to get so many cards - but it still feels kind of slimy to me.

Waiving the fee is a different story however.

I'm surprised that they would allow you sign up for a card with an annual fee, get the bonus and then immediately waive the annual fee within 60 days. Is it documented somewhere (FT?) that you can do this with Chase? I haven't heard of this before.

FlyingExplorer

Travel, Tastes, & Tennis
Presumably, you can cancel the card before the AF becomes permanent.

FlyingExplorer

Travel, Tastes, & Tennis
I've heard of people cancelling the card and refunding the annual fee after getting the bonus with the 100K Citi Executive AAdvantage - that's why they were able to get so many cards - but it still feels kind of slimy to me.

Waiving the fee is a different story however.

I'm surprised that they would allow you sign up for a card with an annual fee, get the bonus and then immediately waive the annual fee within 60 days. Is it documented somewhere (FT?) that you can do this with Chase? I haven't heard of this before.
Bloggers certainly don't talk about it - possibly because they don't get their commission when people cancel so quickly.

Last edited:

smittytabb

Staff member
Yeah, that crosses my line too.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
140K for $395?
Thats 4 nights in a Tier 1 or 3 nights in a Tier 2.

That's anywhere from $1k+ in rooms for $395 minus whatever you get back from the travel accidentals.

Though I don't find value in Ritz locations here. (Unless you're going to Vail or LA Live)

What is nice too is this.

ELITE STATUS. ACCELERATED.
Receive credit for twice the nights when you stay at The Ritz-Carlton

There is now a faster way to experience the benefits of Elite status. Members of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards now earn two Elite night credits for each night stay at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels.

This new benefit applies to each stay during 2014, including those that you have already made, allowing you to easily maintain your present status, or achieve a higher level of membership. Reserve your next stay to get started.
another good thing is this:
(Good lord I need to become a blogger)

Take another route. Linger for another moment. Escape for another day. At The Ritz-Carlton®, every stay offers extraordinary experiences, and we invite you to explore them.

Enjoy up to two complimentary nights.

Stay twice between July 1 and October 31, 2014 at participating Ritz-Carlton properties, and enjoy a complimentary night to use on future stays at a Tier 1 – 3 Ritz-Carlton hotel.

To receive this offer, please enter your Ritz-Carlton Rewards membership number and email address below. Registration is available through September 30, 2014.

carlos

Level 2 Member
Hello I am looking for either RC or Marriott best cc offer available, need some points for a family vacation in June