Chase reconsideration on business card

PghRocks

With Chase, I've taken to not calling at all, for both business and personal after my wife got put through the ringer for a Ink Cash, and we've gone 3 for 3 recently - Ink Plus, United, AARP by not calling after the pending screen, there doesn't seem to be any upside to calling after "pending"

Disc Golf Guy

Level 2 Member
I have had the same experience PghRocks. We never get instant approvals from Chase any longer, but we also have been batting 100% with just waiting it out.

Billiken

Level 2 Member
Recently called the recon line to get a Marriott biz card (70k points, needed for a 90k award stay in KIX).
It was a bit of a hassle, but in the end approved.
They moved part of my Ink biz line the Marriott card.

YMMV

(Minimum credit line on a Chase biz card is $5k.)

Renee

N0rthernbelle
Just a note about Chase's reconsideration dept hours in case it helps anyone/prevents aggravation:
My denial letter for the Chase Ink states the reconsideration dept is open from 8am-10pm Eastern, but the last few evenings I have called, it has been closed.
I even tried the personal reconsideration line and got the same recorded message about calling back during their business hours. **grumble**
I called the regular customer service and I was told that they just changed their hours to 8am-5pm Eastern time.

Good luck to everyone!

The Rev

I use the same strategy as PGH. Both myself and my wife ended up on 45 minute calls for our last couple chase biz reconsiderations. So last month when we were applying for chase personal cards and we got "pending further review" we just waited and both got approved. I don't know if it increases your chances of approval (probably not) but is way less of a hassle!

WavyCEO

Level 2 Member
Yes I have also been using the "no-call" strategy for Chase. Last time I applied for the Ink Plus I got put thru the ringer and spent 1 hour on the phone and they asked for me a load of verification documents (that I have for my business). Besides in my experience Chase has been approving in less than 48 business hours for me at least so it's no big deal to wait a bit and not have to spend time on the phone.