Chase Ink for an Independent Contractor

projectx

Level 2 Member
With rumors of the 70k sign up bonus, I'm considering pulling the trigger on an Ink Card. I also plan on using it for a small amount of MS (2k to 4k/month). While I have a full time job, I also have a side job where I work as an independent contractor. I don't make a lot of money from it; it's more of a hobby that I earn fun money with.

From what I understand it used to be fairly easy to get approved. But now with word on the street of Chase cracking down on applications, are there any tips that will help me get approved? I just started doing this so if asked I would explain that it's a start up.

Thanks in advance.

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
In May I applied for the Ink Bold, explaining to the rep on the reconsideration line that I planned on ramping up my buying/reselling activities, would have a number of start up costs associated with doing that and wanted a separate business card to which to bill those costs. At the time I did not have an EIN. I was approved with an initial credit line of $10,000. I think the key to being approved is to have a credible explanation as to why you would like the card. I was honest in telling them that I had minimal income to date from the activity but planned on increasing that substantially in the coming year.