Chase Freedom with Costco in 2Q 2016?

Risk

Level 2 Member
This quarter, Chase Freedom gives 5x points for grocery stores and wholesale clubs. The terms and conditions have examples of inclusions and exclusions, but Costco is not explicitly mentioned.

Does anyone know if Freedom will earn 5x in Costco?
Ditto for online purchases in Costco.
Ditto for online purchases of Costco cash cards.

Thanks!

JeffB

Level 2 Member
I just got a mailer on the details of the Costco card. They don't start accepting Visa until June 20. So you might have a little time.

Silversurfie

I haven't read anything specifically saying no on Costo not qualifying for Chase Freedom Q2 wholesale clubs. But with Costco switching on June 20th you would have a little over a month to test it. Just do a small purchase after June 20th and see if it codes as wholesale club/get the 5x bonus, you'll see if the following day when the purchase posts. IMO I think Costco would qualify.

Risk

Level 2 Member
Costco switching to Visa on the 20th of June is a problem for me. I will be traveling and having no use for Costco in the second half of June. However, I could use Freedom to buy a Costco cash card on line well before June. Do you know if that works?

Silversurfie

Was just about to type what druiddation stated. I just checked and it looks like costco is counting as a 5% category. If you want to confirm just login to your ultimate rewards and go to activate 5% cash back on chase freedom and it should list Costco as one of the qualifying wholesale clubs now.

Gozma

I can confim that Purchasing Costco Cash cards do earn 5X from chase freedom if anyone was still wondering.