chase freedom: Earn 10% Cashback in this quarters 5%categories

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Technically it's both 5% on the first $1500 then another 10% on the next after the qualifying period.

Debrae0322

Level 2 Member
How do you all spend so much at those retailers? I've been racking my brain to come up with enough for our two Freedom cards, now it's doubled! So far I have our regular Amazon spend, plus some restaurant cards we can use, and a wedding gift. That adds up to less than $2000. I looked at reselling gift cards, but I can't see how to make them worth the effort/cost. I've been resisting reselling just for the sheer amount of time involved, but there are 45,000 UR points on the table!

MrMcBean

Level 2 Member
Code:
https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/activate?jp_ltg=5pctCashBackTopNav
During the promotional period of November 23 until December 31, 2015, earn an extra 5% cash back (for a total of 10%) on up to $1,500 in new combined purchases at Amazon.com, Zappos.com, Audible.com and Diapers.com. To earn this extra 5%, your current quarterly bonus maximum dollar amount for earning will reset on November 23, 2015 so you can earn a total of 10% on up to $1,500 on new combined purchases in the listed bonus categories. If you’ve already activated for this quarter, no additional activation is required. Otherwise, activate by December 14, 2015. As long as you’ve activated by December 14, 2015, qualifying bonus category purchases on up to $1,500 from October 1 – November 22, 2015 will earn 5%, and qualifying bonus category purchases on up to $1,500 from November 23 until December 31, 2015 will earn 10%

MarylandMike

I want a +1 on DebraE's question. What sort of plans does anyone have for spending the $1500 over the next 5 weeks for the 10% return on Freedom? I could float $1500 on amazon, it would get spent eventually... but don't want to. I might be able to spend $750 on there for Christmas. Dont suppose Amazon balance can float over to Amazon payments?

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
I just saw that they added an Amazon Home services section. Now you can hire house cleaners, handymen, ect. through Amazon. It looks like they are offering a first time discount and portal discounts on services. Might be a good way to knock out some spending.

satz

Level 2 Member
I want a +1 on DebraE's question. What sort of plans does anyone have for spending the $1500 over the next 5 weeks for the 10% return on Freedom? I could float $1500 on amazon, it would get spent eventually... but don't want to. I might be able to spend $750 on there for Christmas. Dont suppose Amazon balance can float over to Amazon payments?
Same question. Maybe they are able to make people spend more than they should/could. Unless one has a solid plan on MSing without costs (such as reselling and at worst breaking even), I don't see how I can come out ahead.

MarylandMike

I just saw that they added an Amazon Home services section. Now you can hire house cleaners, handymen, ect. through Amazon. It looks like they are offering a first time discount and portal discounts on services. Might be a good way to knock out some spending.
Ir almost pulled the trigger on using this for a drain cleaning. The companies in the mix were poorly rated elsewhere however.

scott d

Level 2 Member
Will I get the bonus if I simply buy Amazon Gift Cards for myself? Than I can spend the credit from the gift cards at my leisure.

Debrae0322

Level 2 Member
Will I get the bonus if I simply buy Amazon Gift Cards for myself? Than I can spend the credit from the gift cards at my leisure.
Scott, that's my strategy. Buy as much in gift cards as I can float/use in the next few months. They also have a few merchant gift cards to stock up on.