Chase Freedom - cash back?

PVM

Level 2 Member
Does the Chase Freedom no longer provide Ultimate Rewards? On Chase's website it says 5% cash back on select quarterly categories and 1% cash back everywhere else. I thought the Freedom used to give UR points. Is this no longer the case?

ed1chandler

Level 2 Member
It gives UR points, but without one of the premium cards (CSP, Ink) you're limited in your redemption options. You can, however, redeem for $.01 per UR, so they simplify in marketing by just saying x% back.

Miles

Level 2 Member
I use the Freedom card as a "parking place" for UR points when I have no Ink card open.

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
I use the Freedom card as a "parking place" for UR points when I have no Ink card open.
What about just upgrading an Ink Cash to Plus or Sapphire to CSP for a few months and then downgrading to be able to move them? Upgrade then downgrade within 60 days.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
What about just upgrading an Ink Cash to Plus or Sapphire to CSP for a few months and then downgrading to be able to move them? Upgrade then downgrade within 60 days.
I wasn't aware you could do this.
Non-AF to AF card then back again.

PainCorp

I wasn't aware you could do this.
Non-AF to AF card then back again.
You can downgrade the CSP to a regular Sapphire, so I assumed you could do it the other way. I know you can with Amex and Citi, both ways.

Ryan U

Level 2 Member
People in other forums have had trouble trying to downgrade the ink bold and plus to cash cards. I was going to try and downgrade after I got my annual fee, but they offered 10k points after $5k spend as a retention offer.

PainCorp

People in other forums have had trouble trying to downgrade the ink bold and plus to cash cards. I was going to try and downgrade after I got my annual fee, but they offered 10k points after $5k spend as a retention offer.
You can't downgrade a charge card to a credit card. You could do Plus to Cash/Classic, but not Bold.