Chase free night earned points

My1stMile

Level 2 Member
Someone on Reddit posted that they earned stay/night credit + points on their 2 free nights from the Chase Hyatt card sign up bonus. I checked my account and I did as well. His theory is that being billed for incidentals cause the credit. I had a $6 bill because breakfast seemed to cap the tip amount, when I went over 20%, it got billed to the room. I got 5500 base points + 1650 bonus points + stay/night credit.

Not sure if this will work on the annual night certificate, but can't hurt to try.

dukerau

Level 2 Member
Someone on Reddit posted that they earned stay/night credit + points on their 2 free nights from the Chase Hyatt card sign up bonus. I checked my account and I did as well. His theory is that being billed for incidentals cause the credit. I had a $6 bill because breakfast seemed to cap the tip amount, when I went over 20%, it got billed to the room. I got 5500 base points + 1650 bonus points + stay/night credit.

Not sure if this will work on the annual night certificate, but can't hurt to try.
Used mine back in September. Paid for breakfast (wasn't Diamond then), and only earned points on the breakfast charge (just a couple hundred points). This was at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht...maybe this glitch is hotel-specific?

My1stMile

Level 2 Member
It could be hotel specific. If I were doing any kind of free night right now, I would try and have some kind of small incidental charge.

Wasn't their big tech update in the 4th quarter ? I wonder if that changed something.

HUCAwin

Level 2 Member
I got stay and night credit for sure, and welcome points, and some other points I'm not sure how I got actually. These stays were about a month ago, I ended up with slightly more than 4000 points for free stays. Only item I billed was valet parking of $40 I think it was at one hotel.

The other I billed food, but had other issues there and they comped the food. It appears I got all the points for the comped meal though.