Chase CL reallocation issue

3rddayfan

Today I called in to request a reallocation between two Chase cards. Both were new cards and I just felt one card (that I had not used yet) had such a high CL, it might fit better on the the other card, that I had used.

I was told the credit bureau would need to be checked. I was so surprised, I declined to go further. But, I might wait and try again.

Any insight? TIA.

RavenHawk

Level 2 Member
Today I called in to request a reallocation between two Chase cards. Both were new cards and I just felt one card (that I had not used yet) had such a high CL, it might fit better on the the other card, that I had used.

I was told the credit bureau would need to be checked. I was so surprised, I declined to go further. But, I might wait and try again.

Any insight? TIA.
I'm sure it happens, but I have never personally heard of this happening on new cards...can you clarify just how new the accounts are?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Never done it with new cards, but 11 month ones, many. I get a hard pull when the new line is greater than $35k- go just under and no pull. Might that have been a factor?

asthejoeflies

Staff member
Yeah my wife recently moved a credit line over while canceling. I wasn't there and the new credit line was 40,000 and I couldn't tell her to split it amongst cards, so she got a hard pull

3rddayfan

I called back in. Discovered the CL was reallocated on the previous phone call as requested (even though I declined after she mentioned the Credit PULL). I asked if it was possible to tell if the HP went through and the rep said he couldn't tell. Disappointing. Anyway, he was a good rep and I got all my lines straightened out as a consolation. Now, I will just have to wait and see....

3rddayfan

I'm sure it happens, but I have never personally heard of this happening on new cards...can you clarify just how new the accounts are?
Infants, actually. ;) Less than a month old for the card that was being transferred from. The receiver card was about 9months old, though.