Chase 2 year wait period (Hyatt 2 Free night bonus)

Jonathan.

Super Platinum Elite Member
I signed up for and received 2 free nights from the Chase Hyatt cc, a bit over a year ago.

Per Chase rules/language you can't get the same bonus within a 2 year period (i.e. "This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months".)

However, I remember reading a few data points a while ago (maybe on Travel Codex, as im not finding it in a thread search here) that this rule wasn't enforced for the Hyatt credit card.

Im considering risking applying for this card early given that the 2 night offer is going away at any moment. Can anybody offer data points for or against this 2-year enforcement on the Hyatt card?

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
My guess is that you are thinking about the 5/24 rule not being applied to Hyatt rather than the bonus offer not applying.

In any case, read the T&C of the sign up you are contemplating and it will say if the 24 month bonus applies.

Jonathan.

Super Platinum Elite Member
Thanks for the reply. To be clear, I am referring to the 2 year bonus gap, as quoted in my first post, and as stated in the first sentence of the offer terms (https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/hyatt/quickbook1). The hyatt card definitely has had this in its terms for a while, I just remember reading somewhere that despite it saying this, that someone(s?) was still able to get the bonus before the 2 year period was up.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
Unfortunately, the link that you posted is dead. All links for 2 free nights were to be pulled on Friday and replaced with a 40K points offer. My husband applied on Friday and got the card. He had it several years back, so I've no idea if Chase would have permitted it if less than one year since having it. He does have applications well in excess of 5/24 and this card is indeed not constrained by that.