Charlotte meeting

Maria Sangria

Level 51
FINAL DETAILS:
Date: Saturday, January 23, 1:00 pm
Location: Hickory Tavern @ Metropolitan. It's right off 277 just outside of uptown. If you're coming from out of town, you can take either the Kenilworth or 3rd St exit from 277.

From this thread, I have @Bret Bourgeois , @WesleyM , and @Cindy. (@Maria Sangria , are you in town yet? @dctech , how's the baby situation?) I'll confirm the others I've heard from over email. If you haven't confirmed your attendance to me via this thread or email, please do so ASAP.

Thanks and looking forward to it! I'll wear a bright orange t-shirt so you can easily spot me.
Officially moving into town first week of February. I will be in town for the meetup. I'm flying in to look for a place to lease.

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
Officially moving into town first week of February. I will be in town for the meetup. I'm flying in to look for a place to lease.
Awesome to hear! Bring what your looking for to the meeting and we can probably help you out. I looked at quite a few places within the 277 beltway before I moved anfew weeks ago

Cindy

Level 2 Member
Winter storm Jonas affecting travel plans :mad: Very sorry to cancel but hope to attend the next one. Good luck Maria with your move!

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
Hopefully the storm doesnt affect too much here. Mountains and foothills look like they will get rocked

Bret Bourgeois

Level 2 Member
We are leaving the mountains this afternoon to get ahead of the storm. Staying DT at Hyatt. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Bret.

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
We are leaving the mountains this afternoon to get ahead of the storm. Staying DT at Hyatt. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Bret.
I live pretty close so I'll still be attending the meet-up regardless of weather.

Last edited:

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
If nothing else I will grab an Uber over. Having a RWD car probably wouldn't mix with these roads quite yet

dukerau

Level 2 Member
I called Hickory Tavern and they are opening at 12 today. It sounds like a few people are still in. Is this happening?

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
I'll be there around 1, I talked to Nick a couple days ago and he said he planned on still being there. Everyone else going?

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
Thanks to all who made it out today! We had a surprisingly strong showing of about 10 people today despite the Snowpocalpyse or whatever this was called, so we're all looking forward to the next one in a few months. We haven't decided when or where just yet, but I'm thinking April. Suggestions welcome!

Pinkeleph

Level 2 Member
I'd be down for a CLT meeting. Just down the road from y'all in Charleston but would venture up that way for a meet-up.

Beach Miles

Level 2 Member
Any Carolina get together planned for 2017. I attended the Saverocity Charlotte Do a few years back. Wouldn't mind traveling up from Hilton Head for another.

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
There was an /r/churning Charlotte meetup just last night which I couldn't attend, they said they had 9 people show. I'll post something here next time I hear about something like that. We did a Charlotte meetup last year, I think @bretbourgeois was interested in doing one at some point this year.

dukerau

Level 2 Member
There was an /r/churning Charlotte meetup just last night which I couldn't attend, they said they had 9 people show. I'll post something here next time I hear about something like that. We did a Charlotte meetup last year, I think @bretbourgeois was interested in doing one at some point this year.
Yep, I attended last night. They're planning on monthly meetups.