Charlotte meeting

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
I'll throw out January 30 as a possible date, since that's the weekend before the Super Bowl but after the playoffs, which we may want to avoid given the Panthers' 8-0 start.

dukerau

Level 2 Member
Definitely interested as a local, but I can't do 1/30 weekend unfortunately. All other weekends in that vicinity work for me.

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
Yay! We should be local by then. Packing up our stuff here in Colorado and moving there just for this. ;)
You're moving here just to see Nick? Don't let his head get TOO big. In all seriousness, depending on where around Charlotte you live you will love it. Plenty of opportunity around here both MS and non-MS related, and uptown is one of those cool places that is a larger city but still has a small town type vibe.

Maria Sangria

Level 51
You're moving here just to see Nick? Don't let his head get TOO big. In all seriousness, depending on where around Charlotte you live you will love it. Plenty of opportunity around here both MS and non-MS related, and uptown is one of those cool places that is a larger city but still has a small town type vibe.
Yes, just because of Nick.

Bret Bourgeois

Level 2 Member
Both dates listed below do not have a playoff game
Sat, Jan 23rd first choice
Sat, Jan 30th second choice

Throwing out an option for a meeting place would be a brewery ( Olde Mecklenburg, NODA or another). Olde has food on site and probably a better place to visit with a large group, NODA and the rest should have food trucks

Bret

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
I have some sort of secret plans that the girlfriend told me not to make plans on the 6th, so no good for me. The January date would be best for me

dctech

Level 2 Member
We're expecting a baby on the 26th, but I'll try to make it if the new little one allows it. I'm a big fan of OMB!

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
Now apparently the January date is when I'm going to a Tarheels basketball game, I give up. You guys schedule this when it can be done and I'll see where I am. The closer we get however the better a February date is looking, or a Sunday would work as well.

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
I'm going to go with 1/23 as the date since I can't make it on 1/30. Mark your calendars!

Bret suggested a brewery as a meeting place, I'm okay with that... I'll also throw out Hickory Tavern @ Metropolitan as a suggestion, I think they might have a semi-private room there. (Plus they're in the same shopping center as a Staples, Best Buy, and Target...) Any other suggestions?

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
Metro Hickory Tavern would be awesome, 5 minutes from the house for me. What time of day are we thinking? Theirs a hornets game that night so those people would be out and about starting around 6ish

tmount

Administrator
Dumb question - but what are we talking as far as distance from the airport, and timing? Thinking I may fly in, if I'm in the country.

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
I talked to Nick yesterday and he said he would be sending an email out when he got back in the country this weekend

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
FINAL DETAILS:
Date: Saturday, January 23, 1:00 pm
Location: Hickory Tavern @ Metropolitan. It's right off 277 just outside of uptown. If you're coming from out of town, you can take either the Kenilworth or 3rd St exit from 277.

From this thread, I have @Bret Bourgeois , @WesleyM , and @Cindy. (@Maria Sangria , are you in town yet? @dctech , how's the baby situation?) I'll confirm the others I've heard from over email. If you haven't confirmed your attendance to me via this thread or email, please do so ASAP.

Thanks and looking forward to it! I'll wear a bright orange t-shirt so you can easily spot me.

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
Yup, I'll be there. Let me know if you need me to show up for anything early Nick. I'm like 5 minutes from there

dctech

Level 2 Member
No baby yet. If it comes before Saturday, I'm out, otherwise I look forward to meeting everyone.