Cashback or Use Points on Entertainment

phantasmic

Level 2 Member
Maybe I'm missing something very obvious but I am trying to figure out the best way to either avoid spending the money or at least maximize the cashback I can get for this: I want to get tickets to the New England Patriots vs the Broncos so we can see Tom Brady play before he quits!! Tickets have been astronomical (i think) ever since i've been looking at $300 per ticket if you want to sit together. Just wondering if anyone has ideas I'm missing. I already maxed out Discover for the quarter so can't even try for 5% cb for purchasing online. i think i see TCB for 12.5% cb on some ticket sites. that may be the best option i can find but just checking in case anyone else knows of any good ideas!

projectx

Level 2 Member
This is probably obvious, but you could always MS your way to it with a high earning cash back card. As for discounts, like you mentioned going through a portal will help. After that, it comes down to selection. StubHub is probably the most used, but you should also check out Seat Geek. It searches several ticket sites to find the best price. Another lesser known avenue is Tickets Now; you can get 10% off your first purchase.