cardmatch

Walmero

Level 2 Member
Had heard you (read: someone not me) could get some nice Amex MR cards offered up on this site from the blogs... is this site pretty much just for tricking the rubes (read:me) or have people gotten some legit offers from here?

thehustla

Level 2 Member
Tried the tool a few times but never had any luck with it.

BTW - I think this belongs in the Amex CC section outside of Level 2 :)

Jus

Level 2 Member
I had good experience, got a 50K offer from PRG and 30K for everyday preferred both double the usual. So I like it, will check it again around next time i apply to see if anything good. Also got an offer in mail today for Amex DL for 70K and $100 statement credit, wonder if that's good?

Walmero

Level 2 Member
Ah, I got no Amex offers whatsoever. Just a sapphire prefered standard offer w/ higher than usual spend.

46sky

Ive heard about the 100 point Amex platinum offer on there, but I haven't gotten anything good from cardmatch - its always a bunch of BS cards and the CSP - never any amex :( this is from someone with a high spend and excellent credit score.

El Turk

Level 14 Insurance Salesman
CardMatch is terrible. It's owned by the same parent company that owns TPG, which is the reason he mentions it rather frequently.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Saverocity has a link to it on the credit card page here https://saverocity.com/credit-cards/
@Matt What do you know about Card Match? Is it part of the bankrate empire? Does it matter?

Here's how it works:

CC [eg Amex] >> BankRate >> Affiliate
CC [eg Amex] >> CardMatch >> BankRate >> Affiliate

Bankrate/LinkOffers are the parasite layer between the card issuer and the affiliate. When they learned that CardMatch was an option they pushed it hard.

There is a theory behind the scenes that CardMatch is some sort of prescreen that increases conversion ratio, and from what I know for a brief moment Amex was willing to AB test that with unique 100K offers. However, they since have moved on, and we now live in the land of 'you never know!' but we really do know...

I'm not a fan of these affiliate links, I dropped them entirely and only brought them back after people asked enough and convinced me the charity angle was worthwhile. Frankly, the amount of income the charity links bring in vs telling the Bankrates to bugger off isn't there at this time... one hopes for a good quarter :)