Can't use GC to book AA Exit Row/Main Cabin Extra Seats?

Panache

Level 2 Member
I'm trying to book a paid AA ticket using AA GC and add on main cabin extra/exit row seats. When I go to the payment screen, there is no option to pay with GC. However, if I select a regular seat, the GC option is there.

Should I try booking this over the phone or just purchase the premium seats afterwards?

smittytabb

Staff member
I'm trying to book a paid AA ticket using AA GC and add on main cabin extra/exit row seats. When I go to the payment screen, there is no option to pay with GC. However, if I select a regular seat, the GC option is there.

Should I try booking this over the phone or just purchase the premium seats afterwards?
Gift cards may not be used for "enhanced seat products" according to the T & Cs, so you may have trouble doing it unless you find an agent on the phone willing to do it and it is not hard coded.

Panache

Level 2 Member
Ah, good to know. I thought I read them all but skimmed a good part of the T&C. I just booked regular seats and will upgrade later if we feel like it.

merice107

Level 2 Member
Ah, good to know. I thought I read them all but skimmed a good part of the T&C. I just booked regular seats and will upgrade later if we feel like it.
That's what I just recently did. Book using regular seat and then upgrade later once it is ticketed.