Can't combine Freedom Points with my Ink Plus

Chocoholick

Level 2 Member
Hi all,

Just recently tried to combine my wife's Chase Freedom Reward points with my Ink Plus UR points. Did it online twice, both times unable to. Called CSR, and was told that because one is business, and the other personal, that we couldn't combine the points. Anybody had the same problem, or is it just me?

Choco

ed1chandler

Level 2 Member
Hang up; call again. They're fairly strict about the spouse-only policy -- do you have different last names?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I have a bug in my URs, they say because of the Ink/Biz and Freedom/Personal combination... haven't been able to see/combine online for over a year I guess... phone should resolve it, but the bugginess will confuse some reps.

Chocoholick

Level 2 Member
Ed, my spouse and I have same last names. She's an authorized user, in fact, of my Ink, so that part was quite clear. We were both talking to the rep during the call. She sounded dead sure about the business/personal "problem", so we didn't really argue. We will try again, and maybe get a "better rep" this time...

I have an IHG card, which was personal, and they had to manually override the personal/biz divide so that I can see both cards on a single login. So Matt, did you have any luck with yours after talking to the rep?

Thanks for the suggestion!

cavil

Level 2 Member
A week ago I was able to combine URs from my Freedom into my Ink Bold online instantaneously. So the personal/business divide seems not to apply if you are transferring your own points. Have not tried moving my wife's yet, and she has a different last name, so I expect it will get sticky.

Alansauce

Level 2 Member
When I cancelled my CSP they were able to transfer the points I had left to my Ink over the phone. Initially they said I would lose it but the rep was very nice and did it for me. So systemically it is possible for them to do it, but it's an extra step that they have to explain. Maybe if you have a lot of points it's harder for them to do it without being questioned by their boss?

Chocoholick

Level 2 Member
I called Chase Freedom and got another Rep who wasn't helpful. Finally called an Ink Plus CSR who said that I should be able to combine my points, but there was a system issue. She was going to escalate it to the next level and that I should get a response in 7 to 10 days. Will update after I find out...

PghRocks

Do you have another UR card?

Did you try a work around of transferring from your wife's Freedom to say, for instance, your Freedom and then to your Ink from your Freedom?

I've never had an issue transferring from my wife's Freedom or CSP to my INK, so its certainly doable I tell you what, darn bugs crawling inside these computers is a hassle