Cancun Priority Pass Fail

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
Terminal 2 lounge looked small and was PACKED. No matter... I was denied entry because their contract with Priority Pass allows them to deny entry to PP cardholders before 4pm if they want.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Terminal 2 lounge looked small and was PACKED. No matter... I was denied entry because their contract with Priority Pass allows them to deny entry to PP cardholders before 4pm if they want.
Yeah, PP isn't to be relied upon, even if you get in the lounges can suck.. but every now and then you get a good one. Worked well for us in IST and ANU in the past.

Nick

Level 2 Member
Had no problems at a Cancun lounge around March of this year, though I can't remember which terminal or what time. The lounge was small but had a decent selection of free food (sandwiches and snacks) as well as free alcohol.

aviator8

Level 2 Member
For me it seems that just about every time I have an opportunity to use PP, only UA lounges exist. and at the bottom of those lounge descriptions in the App it says:
Note: Members holding a Priority Pass Select membership card and Priority Pass cardholders in the U.S. that receive their membership through a U.S. financial institution will not be allowed access to this Lounge.

Of course when you sign up for one of the premium credit cards and get this they fail to mention any of that. It's a good thing that this was just an after thought to me regarding this benefit, as it is very sporadic and really doesn't work out much.

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
Yeah, PP isn't to be relied upon, even if you get in the lounges can suck.. but every now and then you get a good one. Worked well for us in IST and ANU in the past.
I found an AMAZING one at LHR. But other than that they don't tend to be the Ritz.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
The option is to always fly in the front of the plane (not an option for some airlines, like SW), hang out at the gate, or in a less than luxurious lounge. If I can't have the first option for whatever reason, I certainly prefer the third to the second.

OOPS. There is one more option: to join the lounge(s) of an airline. But then, if you aren't flying that airline, you're still reduced to the gate or the not so luxurious PP lounge.

Last edited: