Can We Stop with the Dumb Abbreviations

McRingRing

Level 2 Member
They all have it on the screen as an option, but when you actually select money order, an error usually comes up.

But if you do use the ATM for MOs, I would suggest only buying one at a time. The one by me does not do well with multiple MOs in one order and I've heard of similar issues elsewhere. After getting a couple of scary looking receipts that said that one of the four money orders "might have printed" (they didn't), I'll take the extra time and do each in a separate transaction. You'll end up wasting even more time getting it straightened out. That said, there is some entertainment value in watching the Walmart employees try to figure out a solution... they ended up taking out the cash box from the ATM and paying me with that. o_O

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
yes, I know that. What I was asking was the benefit of reloading at the kiosk over doing it at the counter.
You don't get the special TSA patdown by some of the overzealous CSR's who examine the cards you're loading (e.g. making sure they're "truly" debit cards).

smittytabb

Staff member
You don't get the special TSA patdown by some of the overzealous CSR's who examine the cards you're loading (e.g. making sure they're "truly" debit cards).
You know I have never had to opt out even once. No one has ever asked to see my card and I have unloaded at many different WMs. I have even had them refer to them as GCs and acknowledge it. Guess I have an honest face or something:)