Buying dog food/other stuff through portals

Jaime

Level 2 Member
1959829_10202883651522704_7969291222369816075_n.jpg So I do this: Cardpool-> discounted Petco giftcard-> then go to Evreward and find the most points per dollar for Petco (Usually pts per dollar through ultimate rewards. Buy enough that the shipping is free and have it delivered to my house.

This post was really just to share my pugs' halloween costume. Thanks for the indulgence. :)

10584074_10202883652442727_138721778211642104_n.jpg

tmount

Administrator
Very cool @Jaime - I buy treats and toys for my dog through portals, but generally get the heavy-weight dry food at Costco -- and we don't have nearly as cool a costume for Halloween.

Paul

Level 2 Member
I do the same. But beware that most discounted PETCO "gift cards" being resold are now "merchandise cards" and can't be used online and are in-store only.

Jaime

Level 2 Member
I have only gotten one, but that was because I didn't read the fine print. I also don't go through Petsmart because they don't deliver dog food. Petco will with free shipping. I get $5 Petco rewards for every $100 I spend too.

Paul

Level 2 Member
I have only gotten one, but that was because I didn't read the fine print. I also don't go through Petsmart because they don't deliver dog food. Petco will with free shipping. I get $5 Petco rewards for every $100 I spend too.
Yeah, free shipping, $5 in Petco rebates, plus ~20% gift card discount, plus portal cb/points is a nice deal. Can be ~30% below the cheapest you can find anywhere else. And I like that there are a lot of Petco stores near me, so if I can't find gift cards, I can still pick up merchandise cards and lug everything home from the store, albeit missing out on portal cb/points.

I prefer Cashback Monitor vs Evrewards because of CM's easier-to-read layout.