Business?

HanoiIG

Silver Member
I just got invitation for Citi AA business. 75k for spending $5000 in 5 months. I don’t have a business. Problem?

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Succinct enough! I have read various things that seem to indicate that it may not be so simple. Actually, I'm still not sure that the card would be worthwhile. I may just be grasping at straws as I've gotten most of the big bonuses over the past few years and I'm not sure Hilton points are so wonderful. We have had some great stays in Conrads(Maldives and Tokyo) for points, but overall, I'm not a huge fan of the brand.

Also it gets more and more difficult to spend so much as, other than travel, we don't really need or buy much. I guess a new mattress and computers might be a few thousand but, other than that, I'm often stumped. I mean how many years in advance can you pay mobile phone, cable or utilities and how much Amazon gift card balance makes any sense?

Ttitle

Level 2 Member
Well, you aren't going to get Hilton points with an AA business card ;), but otherwise you won't have a problem getting the card. Your business can be collectibles, landlord, etc. You can also MS the Citi card and not worry about having things to buy.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
I know. I meant AA, there are so many offers and old people get easily confused. MS is some sort of tricky thing, right where you buy things that can be cashed out? In the meantime my wife and I both got the Platinum Delta for 70K miles and 10000 MQM whatever they are. Now do I have to take a course in MS or boot camp?

Ttitle

Level 2 Member
Yep, that's it. Sure, you are in the right place and there is plenty of info on the Reddit Forum Churning and Flyer Talk Forums. Just take it slow, old timer :p

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Yep, that's it. Sure, you are in the right place and there is plenty of info on the Reddit Forum Churning and Flyer Talk Forums. Just take it slow, old timer :p
Thanks. So far I can't even get to the resource materials referenced by Matt! I went to "Boot Camp" but can't find anything. It says "start a conversation" but how? I can look things up but where should I start?

Ttitle

Level 2 Member
Start out by reading Doctor of Credit and the various forums I mentioned. You'll get little pieces of the puzzle and ask specific questions on forums like this when you get stuck. Apply for the AA business card and go from there.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Start out by reading Doctor of Credit and the various forums I mentioned. You'll get little pieces of the puzzle and ask specific questions on forums like this when you get stuck. Apply for the AA business card and go from there.

OK Thanks. I'll try to get the idea. I know it's sort of quasi legal money laundering or at least seems to be like that. Since cash advances don't earn points, you buy something that does. Since we are in a pretty good financial position, I sometimes pay bills in advance or buy Amazon gift cards but I don't want to have thousands out there.

some cards give big bonuse3s for really big $25K or more spend so MS would probably be the only way.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
I went to doctor of Credit but can't find a post that tells me how I would do this. Same with Flyer Talk. I can't get into Redditt because I must have joined years ago and it keeps defaulting to my long gone aol email!

Is there an article that can help as background? sorry to bother you, but I just can't find anything. The posts on Saverocity are all generic and 3+ years old and I can't get into the boot camp as it says you need special access.

Ttitle

Level 2 Member
This will get you started. Just read Doctor of Credit everyday and open a new account with reddit (you can open multiple).
Code:
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/manufactured-spending-complete-guide/

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Thanks! It doesn't look like it's really for me. First of all, paying 2-3% in fees seems like a good way to wipe out the benefits of the bonuses, especially with the 5/24 rule barring me from Chase for the forseeable future. My wife and I were both able to meet Propel $3000 with plenty of time to spare. We now are getting Hilton with $1000 spend and Delta with $3000. We do attend the opera often so it's easy to spend a decent amount there and a decent suit will make the Hilton spend.

StealthyMSer

Level 2 Member
How'd you get an offer without having a business or even anything resembling a business (sole prop)?

I'm actually considering starting a legitimate LLC and submitting all the documents to do so with my state. I actually do have history of operating as a business selling computer parts on ebay, but operating as an LLC with an EIN would allow me to churn business bank accounts.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
How'd you get an offer without having a business or even anything resembling a business (sole prop)?

I'm actually considering starting a legitimate LLC and submitting all the documents to do so with my state. I actually do have history of operating as a business selling computer parts on ebay, but operating as an LLC with an EIN would allow me to churn business bank accounts.
No idea. Just saying I got the offer. However, I've also gotten offers pre-approved for Chase cards but the word is that 5/24 would nullify that even though they approached me.

skanchur

The worst thing that can happen is a denial. Just apply with your "business" and see how it goes. Citi biz only HP Equifax for me which almost no one else does :)

cheetah641

Do you know how to acquire new shelf corps and pass your creditworthiness from an old company to the new company without building the paydex again for the new corp?