Browser crashing

Matt,
I think after you started the ads on the right side, my IE browser crashes after visiting Saverocity forums.
Did you hear about this issue from other users too?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Matt,
I think after you started the ads on the right side, my IE browser crashes after visiting Saverocity forums.
Did you hear about this issue from other users too?
I haven't heard, but will certainly listen for more input. I changed the ads late last week, and am trialing the new service.

ddavidch

Level 42 Member
For another data point, I'm using IE 8 (yes, only at work where they have not upgraded, and yes, I'm looking at the site at work, but only during my er.. lunch) and I've not had any issues amazing enough...

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Matt,
Make sure your Adobe Flash version is up-to-date. I'm running version 15 of Flash. No problems with Chrome version 37.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Seperately, we had a server issue around that time.. may have been the culprit. I'll keep monitoring it.

Haley

I am not a robot
Safari has been freezing on me and I am seeing issues with "Post Reply" if I open another tab to look something up (if I go to "More Options" it resolves it).

Everything is loading really slowly compared to a week ago (I didn't stop by much while on vacation). Ok, that is hyberbole, some of the longer threads are loading slowly.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Safari has been freezing on me and I am seeing issues with "Post Reply" if I open another tab to look something up (if I go to "More Options" it resolves it).

Everything is loading really slowly compared to a week ago (I didn't stop by much while on vacation). Ok, that is hyberbole, some of the longer threads are loading slowly.
There's a lot more load on the server, but they should be able to handle it. I'll see if increasing the specs help.

Haley

I am not a robot
Show your online status.
Although when I checked to see what it was called it showed up as unchecked still.
So maybe I'm the only one that sees me as online when I'm online?

Do I have the green corner right now?

Haley

I am not a robot
I might be a little OOC with hitting the little post icons. Sometimes my inner 8 year old needs to play.

And ⬛ Why do only some of these work?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Excuse me for just getting in and taking a shower. I can see the green online icon in the corner, and I don't know why only some work... also for the little buttons in the corner, there were a lot more, including rainbows and stuff... I may have to bring them all back just for you.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
PS - I can see more of your icons on the phone, but not here on the PC... the 'can you see me' comes up as a dull square here, as does your other icon - but on the phone it is a black square and then a silver circle. Using iphone win 8 (separately of course...)

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I want to bring the rainbow back... but it has to mean something other than it's original purpose, which I think was 'optimistic'

Haley

I am not a robot
PS - I can see more of your icons on the phone, but not here on the PC... the 'can you see me' comes up as a dull square here, as does your other icon - but on the phone it is a black square and then a silver circle. Using iphone win 8 (separately of course...)
That makes sense.
You get all sorts of emoji on iPhone. Can you see this ?