British Airways now charging fuel surcharges on international US Airways flights

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
Just read on Boardingarea that British Airways has started charging their onerous fuel surcharges on US Airways international flights. That's a real disappointment and will make me less likely to collect Avios points. At least at the moment, they are not charging the fuel surcharges on US Airways or American domestic flights.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Just read on Boardingarea that British Airways has started charging their onerous fuel surcharges on US Airways international flights. That's a real disappointment and will make me less likely to collect Avios points. At least at the moment, they are not charging the fuel surcharges on US Airways or American domestic flights.
Honestly, that was a short lived, and fantastic thing, but I think that the program still has to be one of the most valuable to have in your toolbox due to the domestic US, South America and Asia short hops.

TheBOSman

Staff member
they are not charging the fuel surcharges on US Airways or American domestic flights.
That is because they don't exist on US or AA domestic flights. They didn't exist on US Airways flights for a while before either, but now that US is in the trans-Atlantic cartel of AA/BA/IB/AY, who all charge surcharges, they have added them to their fares as well. I don't mind, those things are tough to get programmed right and as a result I enjoyed my nice, simple, autodumped $311 trip to Lisbon last month :cool::D.

Honestly, that was a short lived, and fantastic thing, but I think that the program still has to be one of the most valuable to have in your toolbox due to the domestic US, South America and Asia short hops.
Domestic US alone I clean up with Avios. Also can be exceptional for last minute redemptions. I just wish BA thought domestic USA "F" should be priced at the business level and not first...