breakfast at DoubleTree

lumangoy

I usually book Marriott because of points, so am not familiar with Hilton/DoubleTree.

Am gold status with Hilton.

Am thinking of booking at DoubleTree, 2 queens, sleeps 4, but we are 5.

How does the free breakfast work at DoubleTree? Are they strict and check what room you're at or if you have status?

Craig

Level 2 Member
I usually book Marriott because of points, so am not familiar with Hilton/DoubleTree.

How does the free breakfast work at DoubleTree? Are they strict and check what room you're at or if you have status?
They will generally give you vouchers that you redeem. The extra person may or may not be a problem when it comes time to feed everyone.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod

The official benefit is:
  • 1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
With that said, there's variations from property to property in exactly how they honor the benefit. 90+% I have no issues getting free breakfast for the kids (there's only 4 of us total) and often get more than just a continental breakfast. If you want to be sure - I'd call that specific property and ask for specific benefits. Tripadvisor also often has reviews from gold/diamond members stating what they got as well.

lumangoy

Than
The official benefit is:
  • 1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
With that said, there's variations from property to property in exactly how they honor the benefit. 90+% I have no issues getting free breakfast for the kids (there's only 4 of us total) and often get more than just a continental breakfast. If you want to be sure - I'd call that specific property and ask for specific benefits. Tripadvisor also often has reviews from gold/diamond members stating what they got as well.
Thank you very much!!!

I just assumed it was for the room capacity and not just one additional guest!

I'll try to call or check Tripadvisor!