Booking with UR

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
If I book a hotel using these, do I get the benefits of belonging to the hotel's frequent guest program and can I earn points for these stays? I was just thinking that transferring to an airline or hotel program might not be the best use of these points.

Would the same hold true for AX or Citi points which are only .01 rather than .015 when used?

MouseStomper

Level 2 Member
AFAIK, as long as you book through chase then it is the same as paying cash. I know this holds true with flight bookings. You will still get the benefits and points. I'd imagine it would be the same for hotel programs but I can't say for sure.

Last edited:

spottedcat1234

Level 2 Member
If I book a hotel using these, do I get the benefits of belonging to the hotel's frequent guest program and can I earn points for these stays? I was just thinking that transferring to an airline or hotel program might not be the best use of these points.

Would the same hold true for AX or Citi points which are only .01 rather than .015 when used?
Not necessarily. Booking through Chase UR is the same as booking through any other 3rd-party booking platform (ex. Kayak, hotels.com, etc.). And hotels typically incentivize people to book directly by only honoring status benefits for direct bookings. You will still get the points because its the same as paying in cash. But you may not necessarily get things like free breakfast, welcome gift, room upgrades, etc. Of course, you can call the hotel chain's reservation line once the res is made to confirm that your loyalty number is attached. And when you arrive, confirm once again that your loyalty number is on there, and they may honor the status benefits. Not a guarantee, but it may work.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
I just booked the Biltmore Coral Gables using UR and got a $622 suite for 47000 points/night. So far there were no Fine Hotels deals on Chase or AMEX for that period so this seemed a good start, especially as it in fully changeable until the day before. I am attending a wedding and don't yet know what their "special" rate will be. My experience is that it's usually not so wonderful. The loyalty program isn't a big deal as we won't(often) be at whatever group is involved.

If a Fine Hotels deal comes up, it would include breakfast and a perk, but at a wedding, my guess is that there will either be an included breakfast or some sort of family thing which would wipe out the value.