Booking Turkish flights/Amex travel?

cheryld

Level 2 Member
I am trying to help my daughter book ORD-ZAG with SJJ-ORD return in September. Turkish has the best price - but I ran into difficulties using their website to book. I wanted to enter her United info - but it kept erring out with invalid number. I then tried to leave it blank - but it wasn't happy about that either. So theno I checked Amex travel and they priced the itinerary at $50 less than Turkish.

Has anyone had experience with Amex? I'd like to save her money but not at the expense of her having an issue should any IRROPs occur during her trip.

I did check google travel - but they won't price out Turkish. They just send me to the Turkish site.

smittytabb

Staff member
Turkish Airlines' website is notoriously bad. I usually book directly with airlines, but in the case of Turkish, I did book my flight through Orbitz. I would try to book with a third party for Turkish for sure. I have never booked through Amex Travel, but I am sure others will chime in. I actually love Turkish Airlines though, and used to book award travel on them with US miles back when they were in *Alliance. I have flown both coach and business and had great experiences every time.

cheryld

Level 2 Member
Thank you! Orbitz prices out the same as Turkish. I have never booked through them either. How are possible flight issues handled when booking through a third party?