BoA Virgin Atlantic card 65k

Andy

Level 2 Member
I received in the snail mail an offer for the above-mentioned card. It has 20k miles after 1st purchase, 40k after qualifying purchases (it doesn't mention how much), and 5k for adding two cardholders. Does anyone have this? I'm asking because it says no where on the mailing how much you have to spend in what time period to get the 40k bonus.

Virgin Atlantic intrigues me because of their 13k redemption from NYC - LON. I'd just like to know what I was getting into before applying.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I had it back in the day when it was 1:2 hilton transfer rates and it helped pay for the Conrad Maldives- when that went away I transferred the Line to the Fid Amex and shut it down.

jjangoo

Level 2 Member
If you were able to transfer the line to the Fid Amex, is there any way to convert to that? I've had this card for almost a year now and it's not doing much for me.

Mingy

Level 2 Member
The last time I applied for this card it was 20k first purchase, 25k after $2,500 in 3 months.
I have never redeemed on Virgin though.
I was always a fan of BOA cards that transferred to Hilton (previously the Hawaiian cards). I never had a problem being approved for a BOA card, and whenever I applied the credit hit from BOA always seemed to merge into others, so it was basically a great way to churn Hilton points (along with Citi HHonors). The value proposition for Hilton has since decreased obviously but I still find it valuable considering the ease that I can accumulate Hilton points.

PedroNY

Level 2 Member
This is one of my favorite cards to generate Hilton points. So even after they devalued, you can still transfer 10,000 VA miles for 15,000 HH Points. If you don't plan to use VA miles (due to fuel surcharge) you end up getting 75,000 HH points every 90 days by signing up for this card -- or whatever frequency you wish to churn it at. You get 20,000 with purchase + 5,000 with adding 2 AU + 25,000 with spending $2,500. You will have 3,750 miles left over in your account as you get 1.5 miles per $1 spent. So 50,000 VA miles = 75,000 HH points. Every 3 times you get extra 15,000 HH points as you will be able to transfer extra 10,000 VA miles out of the account. Basically, do this card 4 times, you pick up, 315,000 HH points. Add Citi Hilton (non-fee) card to the equation, and pick up another 60,000 HH points per churn, so another 240,000 a year. So there you have it, 8 applications, 8 cards, 555,000 HH points. You decide if it is worth it or not, but certainly nice chunk of points.

Cheers,

PedroNY