BOA Travel Rewards Card with Platinum Honors

raccah

Level 2 Member
OK, this card has been discussed in MANY places, including this:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2014/08/16/card-earns-2-6-back-spending/

Yes, it can go as high as 2.6 or something percent, if you have cash to stash in BOA. The MAIN isuse I wanted to highlight about the F'ing A-holes, is the small print!!!

Drum roll - u need to KEEP ur money there for 3 months BEFORE u get anything above 1.5%!!! So, for three months, I cannot use this damn card. I leave my money there and I get nothing out of it other than my basic .000001% interest!!

Yes, many here argue to just use VGC for purchases, or use WM cards or other reloadable cards, and act like the unbanked, but man is that a pain to track.

So, for my basic spend, I wanted the highest rewards card. So, just a PSA, this card may be great, but only after THREE months, of having the large deposit in the bank!

zeitgeist

Level 2 Member
No - It's 3 month balance to qualify for their Privileges program which is to prevent a dbag from quickly transferring in 100k to qualify and then withdrawing.

BoA is doing nothing wrong here. You have an issue, get their 2% Fidelity card.

raccah

Level 2 Member
LOL!!! I have no issue with them, but they should be like everyone else out there! Give the status up front, and if you pull out u pay! Simple as can be. Think of most people's phone plans. They do not say - nope you cannot use the phone, you can use it after u pay us for three months! That is BROKEN 100%

Give them the phone give the status, and if the plan owner bails, hold them accountable - simple!

Either way, this is not an issue of arguing or agreeing or anything. It was a simple PSA. BEWARE, the higher level status comes only AFTER 3 months - simple end of thread, I hope :)

zeitgeist

Level 2 Member
The 3 months is for their priv program which gives a 75% bonus on cashback/point deposit.

The card is advertised as 1.5%.

pstlb

Level 2 Member
So, since I happen to have over $100k in BofA (I know, not the most efficient use of funds but need to keep this amount liquid), I convinced my SO to do a product change on an old BofA card to the travel rewards card and will get a .75 bonus, equaling 2.62% return on all purchases that can be applied for travel. Here's my dilemma: I have both Barclays Arrival and and Capital 1 Venture with 2.2% and 2.0% travel redemptions, both with annual fee. Should I keep both cards with annual fee coming up next January, or cancel those cards and concentrate on the BofA travel card? I've been MSing on both cards but have a $7.5 CL on each of those and a $20k on the BofA. I would love to keep them all, but my liquidation methods have not caught up with my spend methods. The only way around this that I can think of is getting MOs and stopping at various branches to pay down the credit card at BofA. Any one have experience with MOs at BofA? Don't want to created a problem with this bank. Thanks!

PNW-MSSER

Level 2 Member
Best would be to product change the fee cards into fee free cards so your credit stays healthy.

As far as depositing MOs goes, I only do it in banks which I can afford to lose. I never take risks with my primary CU and bank, its a good way to stay in the game without significant losses.