BoA Better Balance Rewards - bonus not posting?

ed1chandler

Level 2 Member
Anyone else not getting the expected $25/$30 quarterly bonus from their BoA BBR card?

I know it was discontinued for new applications, but hadn't seen anything about changes for existing cardholders. My last bonus was on my April statement, so I expected them again in July and October and haven't gotten either. Nothing has changed ... $5 automated charge every month ... autopay when the bill comes due.

Thanks.

GRiZ

Level 2 Member
I didn't get my bonus this quarter either, I did get the july one though.... Its possible they're gonna start requiring you to have a min $20 balance to get the bonus, instead of just paying off the tiny amount we put on there.

madage

Level 2 Member
I didn't get my bonus this quarter either, I did get the july one though.... Its possible they're gonna start requiring you to have a min $20 balance to get the bonus, instead of just paying off the tiny amount we put on there.
Got mine on 10/4. I just charge $1/mo on amazon and pay it off after bill closes each month.

GRiZ

Level 2 Member
Is this worth calling them about? I don't wanna get shut down, but the last time I spoke with a BoA rep, while he didn't outright say they don't like what we're doing he kept saying it's best to spend at least $20/statement and pay at least the min once it's due.

lochquel

Level 2 Member
Is this worth calling them about? I don't wanna get shut down, but the last time I spoke with a BoA rep, while he didn't outright say they don't like what we're doing he kept saying it's best to spend at least $20/statement and pay at least the min once it's due.
Don't call, your method is not what they wish to encourage and haven't someone review it isn't wise long-term. I for one had BofA credit the BBR card the $30 last quarter (July '17) and then my statement closed the next day. I didn't ever change redemptions, so I'm a little peeved that it 'somehow changed' or defaulted to crediting BBR. Thus, I'm out $30 this quarter for this whoops.

It's just one of those products you have to jump through the right hoops in the right order to profit.

I'm lead to believe it's worth the hassle.