Bluebird glitches

Betsy

I have been writing Bluebird checks for quite a while, and then I got notified by a payee (my mother's assisted living apt) that the Bluebird check bounced. This of course is not really possible, since it was pre-authorized and had the correct number. I also had received an email from Bluebird saying that the check was cashed. This took many phone calls to customer service (in the Philippines I think) and a visit to Wells Fargo and many phone calls to my mother's landlord, to straighten out. Eventually, Bluebird advised me to tell the landlord to run the check through again, and see what happens. If the check was already honored, as they said, this should not have been an option. However, I was frantic to get this done, so I requested the landlord put through the check again. This time, Bluebird paid it. Has this happened to anybody else? How did you resolve it?

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
We got a call once from BB that a BB check that BB should have paid on was not paid; their fault. They returned the money to his account along with $25.

Luckily the man who did a home repair was very relaxed about it; he had coverage on his checking account such that he wouldn't pay any fees for such things. I just wrote a bank check to get it done asap as I felt badly.

However, I have written perhaps 75-100 checks from my account and my husband's and have never had any other problems, including checks to the IRS and for property taxes.

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
ElainePDX was your glitch from a written check or electronically-requested-and-mailed check? All my checks have been via billpay even to non billpay merchants such as my friends and my landlord - never heard of a problem with them but it seems like that glitch you experienced is very infrequent

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
ElainePDX was your glitch from a written check or electronically-requested-and-mailed check? All my checks have been via billpay even to non billpay merchants such as my friends and my landlord - never heard of a problem with them but it seems like that glitch you experienced is very infrequent
From a paper check I wrote, well, I wrote and DH signed!

Betsy

My check was a written, reauthorize check. When the check is over 2000, you have to wait for the authorization code, which I did. While the check was finally paid about a week after it was first presented for payment, it damaged my relationship with my mother's assisted living apt management. I sent another check this month and it seems to be ok.