Birthday Trip ?

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I have a "big" birthday coming up at the end of next year. Both kids will be 19 and will have finished their first year of college. Trip would start mid/end of May. New Zealand is the idea. What booking service have you worked with that could figure it out that isn't overwhelming costly? I was looking at one yesterday that charges up to $1200 per person. Um, no thanks. Two in college + no merit aid = dead broke! I've never booked anything other than run of the mill routes and trying to figure out 4 to NZ in business class isn't easy peasy.

Will take other "big" trip ideas...safari, Galapagos, Caribbean, Maldives, India, North/South/Latin America are out. Have been considering Thailand but I don't know if I can handle seeing abused elephants in the streets. Not even kidding when I say that.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
I have a "big" birthday coming up at the end of next year. Both kids will be 19 and will have finished their first year of college. Trip would start mid/end of May. New Zealand is the idea. What booking service have you worked with that could figure it out that isn't overwhelming costly? I was looking at one yesterday that charges up to $1200 per person. Um, no thanks. Two in college + no merit aid = dead broke! I've never booked anything other than run of the mill routes and trying to figure out 4 to NZ in business class isn't easy peasy.
There is a list of award booking services on FlyerTalk. You can find it here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1296363-award-booking-services-list-some-reviews.html

Check the wiki as it shows prices. Prices are typically $250 per person and less. You'll find comments about some of the services in the thread. I'd first do some poking around at the United and AA websites looking for award space. The more obvious routes are on them or their partners though finding award space is rather like finding a unicorn.

I have fond memories of two trips to New Zealand. It's one of the more incredibly beautiful places to visit in the world. Both the south and north islands are worth visiting, each with their own unique beauty.