best way to book paid flights

NCH

Level 2 Member
Hello all, I am deciding whether to fly with aa or delta. Delta has crossover rewards with spg so I can book thru expedia, get Expedia points, skymiles, and spg points. On the other hand I can just get Expedia points and aadvantage miles. Am I missing a reciprocal earning opportunity with aa?

I am a newer flyer so no loyalties, just trying to get some feedback.

smittytabb

Staff member
Delta's program is revenue based and the miles are not only inflated, but booking miles for travel is totally lacking in transparency with the program because they no longer publish their awards chart. Reciprocal earning won't make up for the lack of value and transparency there IMHO. I am biased since I am an AA Executive Platinum and think they have a very strong program. I don't know how it will change in the future, but I think unless you are in an area that has little access to AA flights and tons of access to Delta flights, it is a no brainer to choose AA. If you are paying for flights you will perhaps get some kind of status. AA is very good to their EXP and even Platinum customers. My husband is Platinum and gets a lot of upgrades and I recently had a run where I got upgraded every time for almost 18 months. If this changes in the future, I'll reevaluate, but I have zero regrets choosing AA.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
EXP is hands down the best status on any US based carrier. Plus you can fly on AA to Europe for 20K in the off season...

velveteenrobber

Level 2 Member
You could also credit your paid Delta flights to Alaska. They have a pretty good rewards program, although Delta is starting to cut some of the partnership.