Best Route to Hotel in BCN?

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Hubs wants to take the subway...that's the last thing I want to deal with after flying all night...dragging bags through a new city. Nor, do I want to be the bag watchdog for pickpockets because my two 16 yr olds will be paying zero attention. What is the recommended way to the hotel from the airport? Anyone do Uber or just taxi it instead?

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
When my daughter was 9 months, I made the horrible mistake of taking the subway to our hotel in Rome because it was right by the train station. The roman underground is pretty much in the bowels of hell with no stairs and crammed with way more people than I've dealt with in NYC. So when we needed to head back I felt really dumb when I realized the taxis were much cheaper than I thought they were. Again this was Rome not Barcelona, but in retrospect I would have paid any price to get our first trip with the baby off to a better start.

smittytabb

Staff member
Hubs wants to take the subway...that's the last thing I want to deal with after flying all night...dragging bags through a new city. Nor, do I want to be the bag watchdog for pickpockets because my two 16 yr olds will be paying zero attention. What is the recommended way to the hotel from the airport? Anyone do Uber or just taxi it instead?
Had hotel send a car (mainly because my husband wanted to). I would have taken the subway. We took the subway to the train station leaving, but we travel light. Cabs are not that expensive. And the pickpocket thing is reportedly bad in BCN, but I have never had a problem, but I take the subway everywhere.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
We used a taxi. It was 35 euros from the airport to the Hotel Indigo...which we were thrilled with the location of. No traffic at all...zipped right into the city. We left BCN to PMI and also took a taxi. Same thing...no traffic...zipped right there.

Had a car for Majorca so we didn't bother to check other modes. I did notice there was train service from Palma to Soller (our first stop) that ran a few times a day.

We've been in Vik, Iceland for the last two days. We're leaving today for an overnight on Vestmannaeyjar Island. It's been a fantastic trip so far with tons of diversity and learning to survive with two long sleeved shirts and nine summer dresses for seven days in Iceland.

taxicabnumber

Level 2 Member
Where in the city are you staying? There's a fairly cheap airport bus (A1/A2) that stops at Placa Espanya, Placa de Catalunya, and a couple other pretty central places; I did this in March and it was pretty painless both to and from the airport. If you're walking distance from one of those stops, that could be an option that avoids the subway while still being cheap. Though with 4 of you, a taxi might not cost any more than 4 bus tickets/might actually be cheaper.