Best miles for Kuala Lumpur

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
1. What route? Kuala Lumpur to Nashville or Atlanta round-trip
2. When? sometime in 2017
3. Do you want to fly first, business, or coach? coach
4. How many passengers? 4
5. How many points do you have, in which programs? Delta 1.1 million, American 600k, United 100k, Southwest 115k

I'd like suggestions on the best mileage program points to earmark for 4 economy seats Kuala Lumpur t0 Nashville and back in 2017.

2 years is an eternity in this game but I want to be prepared.

Thanks.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
If it's two years out, you won't be able to book it until a year from now. A lot could change between now and then. IMO the best thing you can do is to keep a healthy balance in the major alliances. i.e. work on your Star Alliance balance. But between DL and AA you should be able to find something.

NEPIC

Level 2 Member
1. What route? Kuala Lumpur to Nashville or Atlanta round-trip
2. When? sometime in 2017
3. Do you want to fly first, business, or coach? coach
4. How many passengers? 4
5. How many points do you have, in which programs? Delta 1.1 million, American 600k, United 100k, Southwest 115k

I'd like suggestions on the best mileage program points to earmark for 4 economy seats Kuala Lumpur t0 Nashville and back in 2017.

2 years is an eternity in this game but I want to be prepared.

Thanks.
Between that nice pile of Skymiles and Korean's very generous initial seat releases (frequently 9 Y seats) and good US footprint, I would think this presents the best redemption opportunity. Just need to work around the blackout dates.

Edited: re blackout dates.

Other airlines that release Y in 4+ quantities in advance in my experience include TK, CA, and LH - for some variety in routing should you want to include a short stopover/layover. CX is a little less reliable though in Y from a brief search, though the EWR flight seems to be one exception where they do release 4 seats early.

Thanks for the link Matt - I had wondered if anyone out there had put the effort into making a table of this sort. A lot of work, and I would think a big pain to maintain, but kudos to them for putting it out there!

Last edited: