Best Credit Card for Hyatt stays?

Andy

Level 2 Member
I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Hyatt. I also have the Amex SPG biz and Amex Gold Biz, both of which participate in OPEN savings. Anyone have experience with this? Does the 5% back post to your account immediately, similar to Amex Sync? And I don't quite get how you choose between cash back or extra points.

Beth

Level 2 Member
if you use the amex open card the credit will appear in several days (yes, similar to amex sync offers)- I choose the cash back simply as it offsets the bill and I don't have to think about it- you will still get the points from the stay thru hyatt on your hyatt frequent stay account and then also points per your amex program- hope this makes sense-

Sesq

Level 2 Member
For domestic stays I use Amex Simply Cash with hotels as my 3% category + OPEN = 8% cashback.
For international I use Ink Bold since I cancelled the Hyatt card.

Andy

Level 2 Member
Great point...I have have the two Amex biz cards...I wonder if they'll let me apply for a 3rd...

Andy

Level 2 Member
if you use the amex open card the credit will appear in several days (yes, similar to amex sync offers)- I choose the cash back simply as it offsets the bill and I don't have to think about it- you will still get the points from the stay thru hyatt on your hyatt frequent stay account and then also points per your amex program- hope this makes sense-
BTW, how do you designate whether or not you want cash back or MR points when using your Amex Biz?

oso

Level 2 Member
I don't have the an AMEX business card but read the details for OPEN that you get rewards on "participating Hyatt Hotels & Resorts in the U.S".

My travel is mostly international so AMEX is looking less hot these days.

I'm looking to put my Hyatt stays on my Chase Hyatt Visa since the points will be useful to me later. So it depends on what you're going for!

vike

Level 2 Member
I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Hyatt. I also have the Amex SPG biz and Amex Gold Biz, both of which participate in OPEN savings. Anyone have experience with this? Does the 5% back post to your account immediately, similar to Amex Sync? And I don't quite get how you choose between cash back or extra points.
Your Amex SPG biz is a solid choice. The 5% back posts usually within a week. You also receive, of course, the SPG points (more valuable to most people than MR points) and perhaps also Hyatt points for (depending on whether you choose points or partner miles).

Just be careful, since Hyatt Place and Hyatt House do not get 5% back (I got caught on that a few times), so you are better off using the Chase Hyatt.