Best Citi TYP Transfer Partners

sungchiahao

Level 2 Member
I have 72,000 TYP earned by Citi Premier. AF posted 6/1, and I've tried getting retention to offset the AF with no success. I have PC the card to Citi Preferred. However, it looks like I still have access to Citi Travel booking with 1.25 cpp value.

I like some feedback on how to transfer the points. What transfer options best compliments my current set of points?
Current Points:
40k AA
50k Avios
57k United

I looked into the airline transfer partners, and many of them have hard expire date of 3 years. Ex, Asia Miles and KrisFlyer.

I fly out of PHX or SEA. Suppose I want to go to Europe. I'd probably use AA miles for off season prices of 45K RT as the cheapest choice. I'd use United miles for Asia. Avios for short domestic flights within US inc. Hawaii.

Would any TYP transfer partners improve my current redemption plans? What about other destinations that TYP transfer partners do well that is not optimal with my current AA/Avios/United miles?

HariOm

Transcendent Level
You might consider instead using the United miles for Europe, e.g. on Lufthansa, and transferring the TYP to AsiaMiles or Krisflyer to use for Asia. Yes, they both have a hard expiration date (I'm currently sitting on miles in both programs) but three years is a long time. The AA miles could also be used for Asia, e.g. on Etihad, depending on where you would like to go.

HariOm

Transcendent Level
Might be helpful to first make a shortlist of trips/destinations, then see how to get there.