Barclays - Question related to moving credit around

grebel

Level 2 Member
I've had the Arrival Plus for a month now, and got approved last week for the US Airways card. I would really like to move my credit from the US Airways card over to my Arrival plus (original credit line too small!). I have yet to receive the US Airways card in the mail. From what I've read they are happy to do this, I'm just trying to figure out how long I should wait before calling. Does anyone have experience in this realm? I'm planning to sock drawer the US Airways card as soon as I get my sign up bonus, so the sooner I can get that CL moved over to My Arrival Plus, the better.

thanks!

jd13

Level 1.75 Member
Do it when you call to activate the card. If the rep gives you trouble, hang up call again.

jd13

Level 1.75 Member
I only did it once but it was a painless 5 minute call. They don't normally ask why, but even if they do simply tell them you are rebalancing your credit based on personal needs, upcoming purchases, your cat looked at you weird, perks on each card or anything else that comes to mind. :D

FlyingExplorer

Travel, Tastes, & Tennis
So I currently got 2 US Airways and 1 Arrival. All have been activated already.

If I call to move some CLs, it should work? Or is having 2 US Air cards a red flag?

They don't pull your credit report for this, do they?

grebel

Level 2 Member
So I currently got 2 US Airways and 1 Arrival. All have been activated already.

If I call to move some CLs, it should work? Or is having 2 US Air cards a red flag?

They don't pull your credit report for this, do they?
From everything I've read, this doesn't require a pull. A pull is initiated if you request more credit, but if you already have it, I don't think they care which card it goes to.

That being said, Still waiting for my Us Airways card, so my statement above is solely based off the best Google FU I could muster.

Daniel

#hackingtheplane(t)
It does not require a pull, but as always, confirm with the rep before doing it.

Also, I've heard people claim there are minimum credit lines for Barclays cards when reallocating credit. This isn't actually true (for Visa Signatures, yes you must have a line >$5000, and for Amex > $1000) -- the rep told me I could move any amount of credit I wanted and I happily reduced my US Airways line to $500 before closing it out.

MilesJunkie

Level 1.66 Member
No credit pull. I did it about 8 months ago and yeah, it really was a painless 5 minutes. My Arrival+ was only 8K but I moved some off my M&M and US Air to get 15K CL. Still have 7.5K and 5K CLs on the others, respectively.

raenye

Lever 2 Membel
Did it twice in the last couple of months. Called the credit analyst number (same as the one you call for recon). They're happy to do it, it's effective immediately, and there's no hard pull.